Matters of the Heart

Aaahhh! A scream. The whole Mystery a Shack heard it. My first urge was to run upstairs and find out what the hell is going on. Then there was laughter? I wrinkled my brow confused. He couldn't be that bad, right?

I started back on my priorities. I wonder if it's all worth it. Putting on this grandiose show just to impress some guy. Wrong, Mabel! I shelved the doubts in the back of my head. I just had this feeling that this guy, this guy is the one. Well, I do think that about just about every boy I come into contact with. No! This is a quest for love! This is a quest for acknowledgement! I just need a guy to appreciate me for me! That's all I'm asking for.

I tittered. I knew Wendy wouldn't approve. Wendy has been going on about feminism ever since she broke up with Robbie. She would never understand. She thought I was just doing it for the heck of it. And Soos... He doesn't know much about matters of the heart. There was no person with a greater understanding of me than Dipper. I stopped pacing and headed to the attic.

I froze. Dipper looked up and gave a Chesire cat grin. His upper arm was covered in light bruises. Barely noticeable but they were plentiful.

"Dipper..."

"Yes, sister?" His tone sounded mocking. Like everything was a joke to him. Mabel recognized this tone but forgot the name. Damn it!

" Take your arm out of the drawer." As he slowly raised his arm, Mabel winced at the sight of blood. Something was wrong with Dipper.

Author's Note: It looks like the chapters will be short and sweet but frequent. This story will be general, so no real pairing here. Hints of WenDip and BillDip here and there