Chapter 18

"Mommy!!!" She ran & climbed onto her bed and gave her a great, big hug. I just stood there and smiled.

"Oh Chloe I'm so happy to see you."

"Robin, look Mommy's awake!! Come give her a hug." Before I could say anything, she had got down, grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards her. I couldn't resist and gave a big hug too.

"Mommy do you get to go home today?"

"Well, if everything goes as plan she can.", said the doctor walking in.

"How is she?", I asked.

"You don't have anything to worry about. We're just gonna do 2 more tests, give her three more shots, and she should be good as new." That's the best news I've heard all day.

"Uh, Robin, Zayn was thinking about adopting Chloe, I mean you are getting married soon.", she said jokingly. I turned around & hit Zayn in his chest.

"Ow! What did I do?"

"You can't have my little sister!"

He got up from his chair and got in my face, "Oh yeah, well who said so?"

"I say so!! I may be a girl, but I know where I belong!!." She said that snapping her finger in his face, then put her hands on her hips. I just crossed my arms. Zayn knew he was defeated and sat back down.

"Alright you three, your mother is going to need some time to rest so it's 3:00, come back around 6:00. We all nodded, Chloe and I gave her a kiss, & Zayn gave her a hug, and we left.

"Alright, so what do you girls want to do?", he asked us. We had left my mom's room, out of the hospital, now in Zayn's car.

"Let's get ice cream!!", screamed Chloe.

"Is that okay with you Robin?"

I nod

"Okay, let's go get ice cream."

It took about 30 minutes to get there. Of course, he took us to the ice cream shop we went too when we first met. Ah, memories, seems only like yesterday I met him. Wow!! Time flies.

We went inside and ordered and picked a booth near a window. "So Taylor give an exact date on when she was coming back. I'm sorry this day didn't go the way you planned."

"Nah, it's okay. I get to spend it with my two favorite girls.", he said smiling at Chloe.

"So, when am I going to meet your sisters?"

"You don't wanna meet them."

"Oh c'mon they can't be that bad."

He ignored me and started a conversation with Chloe. "So Chloe what's your favorite movie?"

"It would have to be Final Destination 2!!"

"Don't you think that's a little too scary for kids your age.", he said looking at me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Hey if the kid likes scary movies, the kid likes scary movies." He just gave a sorta surprised look. But it was true! Chloe isn't afraid of anything...well except for spiders & her shadow.

"Robin can you let me out, I have to go use the bathroom."

"Sure."

"Hurry back!", Zayn called after her. "You really let watch...those types of movies?"

"Zayn, she's five, and she'll be 6 in March. She's not even afraid of strangers, wild animals, none of that stuff!!!"

"Wow, that's a tough case to crack!"

"Yeah, however, she is afraid of spiders and her own shadow." Zayn started laughing.

"Hey, don't tease her about it, okay."

"I'm sorry, I won't."

Just some seconds later, Chloe came back. "Hey Zayn, where are we going next?"

"Well if it's okay with your sister, we can go to the mall or the park."

"Robin, can we go to the park, please!!"

"Yeah, we can go to the park."

"Yay!! Come on let's go."

"You really love seeing her happy, don't you?"

"Hey, she's all I got." He gave me a kiss on the forehead, wrapped his arm around me, and we left with our ice creams.

    "Okay, Chloe the-" Before I could finish my sentence she was already playing with other kids.

"Fast runner."

"Yep. She's got the speed of a lion."

"Shall we walk the track?", he asked reaching out his hand.

I grabbed it and said, "We shall."

"So what are you plans after you graduate?"

"Hmm...well I know I'm not going to get married straight after, so probably college for for years."

"What do you wanna study?"

"Cosmetology." I looked up and he was just smiling. "What about you? How do you plan to wreck your life?"

"Ah, let's see. First I'm gonna tattoo up my entire body then burn down my mom's house. Second I'm gonna marry you, get no job, and leave when our child is just 23 months old. And third, I'm gonna own the biggest non-selling factory in the world."

I laughed through the entire then.

"Why are you laughing? I'm being serious."

"Okay, now what are you really going to do?"

He pulled me closer wrapping his arm around me.

"I plan on getting the best job I can and marrying you and adopting your sister."

"Zayn you can no-"

"I know, I'm just kidding." We came to a bench, sat on it, and just admired the view. "How can a kid with so, so much energy, not be afraid of a single hair?"

"I don't know. I guess she's just born with it."

"Well here comes Born To Be Wild now."

I could see tears streaming down her face."Chloe, honey what's wrong?"

"They we-re talking ab-o-out ..mommy. Saying how she's going to die!"

"Oh, come here sweetie. Listen, look at me. You don't listen to those mean people. They don't know what they're talking about." I gave her another big hug.

"Can we go see her now?"

I look over at Zayn. "Uh, yeah. Let's go get in the car."

"C'mon Chloe."

Before we drove off Zayn gave Chloe a "pep talk." "Hey Chloe you know what you do when something like that happens?"

"What?"

"Kick. their. butts!!"

"But Robin says violence isn't the answer."

"And it's not Chloe. Do not listen Zayn."

"Chloe you'll listen if you want a cookie."

----------   ----------------------

As soon as we got to mom, she was in regular clothes and just sitting up in the bed. Chloe had dried up her tears and walked over to her and just gave her a hug. I did the exact same thing, no words just complete, peaceful silence. That is until, the doctor came. "Alright, make sure you take these pills, just as the instructions say. And I've already signed you out so you can leave whenever."

"Thank-you Doctor. I love you girls so much!!"

"We love you too mommy." We all walked out and Zayn took us home. He told me that we didn't have to hangout tomorrow, because he was going to sleep in. I told him that was fine. I just wanted to wake up and wish that it was all a dream.