Chapter 20

A/N: Didn't know Mackenzie Davis was a real person, sorry, but I'm gonna continue to use that name.

Chapter 20

*Caroline's POV*

"Alaric killed my father?" I ask looking at Elena as we walk in the woods.

"I know it hard to ask, but at least Bonnie's herbs she gave him are healing him and they're keeping the dark side buried." Elena says.

"Ya and that's supposed to make everything ok?" I ask outraged.

"No Caroline it's not ok. It's horrible and I feel horrible about it, but he's a victim of super natural, he didn't ask for this. It just happens to him. Just like Bonnie's mom. I mean, she didn't ask to become a vampire. And neither did Stefan or Tyler." Elena tries to reason.

"Or me." I whisper.

"Or you. None of you asked for this. But who would I be if I just turned my back on any of you?" Elena says.

"Oh Elena Gilbert. Saviour of the damaged." I laugh and continue walking with her. "Hey Lena, you haven't told Stefan and Damon yet right? About me and Nik?" I ask just to be sure.

"No, and I'm sorry for what I did. I won't do it again I promise." She says.

"Hey, what's with the cryptic secret message text?" Matt pops out of no where.

"I don't know Stefan just said to meet here." Elena says.

"Where's Bonnie? Texted her too." Stefan asks.

"Ah Bonnie's mom bailed on her again, so I think we should just leave her out of this." I say even though I know she's looking into how I could be pregnant.

"Nik." I call out from bed.

"Yes love?" Nik asks from behind me.

"Shit." I say jumping and looking behind me.

He chuckles and climbs into bed behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Hmm." I say relaxing into his hold.

"What do you need love?" He asks.

I sigh knowing he's going to argue with me. "Stefan texted me. He wants us to meet in the woods somewhere for something."

"No." Nik says with a hard voice.

"Nik I have to. If I don't their going to know something is up." I try to reason.

"Ya or Elena Gilbert has already told them so they're going to use you as leverage." He says.

"She wouldn't do that." I say.

"She's already tried to love."

"Well she won't, not again." I say.

He sighs and try's a different tactic, "What about the babies?"

I turn around mad now. "I would never put them in harms way and you know that. I'm just as excited for these babies as you are. I thought I'd never be able to start a family and look at us Nik, we're starting one, and not in the right way." I say almost in tears.

"Caroline, love, what do you mean not in the right way?" He asks almost in tears.

"We're fighting, what if they can hear us or something?" I ask.

He sighs. "Love everything is going to be ok." He says bring me into his arms and stroking my hair.

"I'm sorry, it's just these hormones are crazy." I laugh a bit.