Shadows

Shadows 

--- 

On the phone I heard a car get out of control the tiers skid across the pavement making a loud screech sound.  

Oh no. I thought the worst. The storm my mother the car.  

"Mom!" 

I never should have been talking to my mom on the phone if I had hung up two minutes earlier nothin would have happened as soon as the accident Accord I grabbed my cell and dialed 911 reporting the accident. My mother was in bad shape they told us that she may not make it.  

I was in my long purple pajama pants and black singleton top and leopard printed slip on slippers and black and pink night gown I jumped put of the car and bolted as fast as I could into the hospital my father was right behind me.  

"Lucinda Queller please" he said worried 

The lady behind the desk typed in her name.  

"she is still in surgery please take a seat"  

"is she okay?" I yelled  

"I cannot answer any questions you will have to wait till you speak with the doctor" she. Rudely stated 

I walked over to the couch bear the doors to emergency my father sat down beside me he rapped his arms around me.  

"she is going to be okay your mother is strong she will pull threw" my father said calmly 

"you don't know that" I yelled "it's my fault I was talking to her on the phone and I shouldn't have been especially with the storm going on."  

"Maya. Listen to me it isn't your fault what ever happens it isn't because of you."  

"but it feels like it is" I started crying berthing my face into my fathers chest he hugged me tightly.  

My clothes were damp from running threw the rain and my light brunette hair became a dull lifeless black it hung there stiff dripping water onto the floor my father wasn't as wet as I was he had the umbrella but I was to worried so I just ran inside.  

I sore a man in hospital scrubs walk out over to the desk the lady pointed over to me and my father he nodded politely to her and walked over to us.  

"are you Lucinda quellers family" he asked 

"yes I am her husband is everything okay" 

"I-I-I'm afraid she didn't make it"  

As these words rushed threw me I felt like I was going to be sick I sunk into a couch trying to catch my breath.  

I buried my head into my hands 

The room started to spin into blackness.