Wash Away My Pain

Start from the beginning

"We are not moving forward" Owen thought to himself. The guys and he had been in Texas for a while now. relationship with Sang is in a good place now but still moving slowly. They were elated about the chance of convincing Sang to move to Charleston, but so far they haven't even opened the conversation in that direction.  Owen couldn't think of anything else at this point.

"Owen! how long are we going to play this game!" Nathan burst into the room. Angry.

"What game are you talking about Nathan?" Owen asked calmly, though he had an idea what this outburst is about.

"We are dancing to her tune! We don't even know what she wants but here we are, leaving our jobs, business, life, waiting for a girl " Nathan almost screamed at his face.

"I assume you mean Sang." Owen said. "It was all of our, your individual decision to stay here. There was no force involved. if you feel this strongly Nathan, you may go back to Charleston. We....I.. will not stop you."

"I'm not leaving my brothers" Nathan grumbled "but Owen you don't even know what she wants. She might just leave again." he almost pleaded.

Owen was about to answer him when his phone rang. He was surprised looking at the number.

"You need to find Sang" Mercy said before Owen could say hello.

"What happened to Sang? Where is she?" Owen asked, making Nathan look up sharply.

"I don't know where she is. She is upset" Mercy said and went on to explain what happened at the hospital. "Now she is out driving, not answering my phone and I'm worried."

"We will find her. Don't worry." Owen hung up the phone and called Victor. victor would be able to track Sang's phone. They didn't want to break the fragile trust Sang had towards them and put a tracker on her car or phone but the GPS on the phone should be easy to track.

"Whats wrong with Sang?" Nathan asked.

Owen took a deep breath. Weighing whether or not to tell him. "This might get him to think about Sang again" He thought.

"There was a young assault victim at the hospital. Sang became upset and drove off. Mercy is worried about her and we are going to find her."  

Getting the information he needed Owen headed for his car. As he started his Car the passenger door opened and Nathan came in. Without a word Owen drove off to the coordinates on his GPS.

It began to rain, slowly at first then a downpour. Owen became worried about Sang driving in this weather. "Her car is a few miles ahead of you.  It's close to a beach. She stopped moving" Victor said on the phone. "Be careful Owen, and let us Know what's going on."

After driving a while Owen found the road Sang followed. It kept raining all the while. "There!" Nathan Yelled out. pointing to the car parked on the side. They both got out of the car and ran towards it. "Sang!" Owen yelled tearing the door open. But there was no one in the car.

"sang!" Nathan screamed looking around for her. Both of them were worried now. Owen more so knowing the exact circumstances.  Finally through the torrent of rain he spotted a little flash of white.

Both of them walked up to the beach where a small woman was sitting still, looking towards the water. 

"Sang" called Owen "are you okay?"

"Sang! Lets go back home" said Nathan.

They couldn't get an answer out of her. Nathan Looked at Owen, worried. He had never seen Sang this way. Even through everything that was going on in her life, she was never like this. Owen sat on his knees next to Sang, wrapped an arm around her.

"Sang Mercy Called. She told us about the girl in the hospital. I'm sorry you had to see that. we will go home and then you can tell us." Owen pleaded.

Sang raised her face towards the rain. "She was so small" Sang whispered. "She was so small, but it didn't stop him. every bit of her was covered in blood,bruises. Why didn't anyone see?" Owen could barely hear her voice.

Nathan sat down next to her. Looking at Owen he hugged Sang. "I'm sorry sweety." he said. Understanding some of what happened. he wanted Sang out of this rain."She will get sick" he thought "she is still so small".

Sang didn't hear any of them. she kept looking up at the sky.

"Sang" Owen called her again "please."

"She was a punching bag for him. No one protected her. No one saw, no one said anything. Why?" Sang cried. "Why Owen? Wasn't she important enough? Pretty enough for people to notice?" Sang screamed. She collapsed on the sand. As if her body couldn't hold itself up anymore.
"Sang!" Nathan yelled. He gathered Sang up in his arms. Sang sank into his arm and kept sobbing.  "You keep hoping someone will come and stop the pain. You lay in your bed hurt and bleeding. But no one sees you, no one hears you. It's not that important."
Nathan looked at Owen, lost. He didn't know what to say to Sang. They had never seen this side of her. She always seemed so strong, always willing to push aside her own pain to take care of others. He didn't know what to do.
"You are important sweetheart. We care. Come'n lets go home and we will talk." He pleaded.
"She was raped, you know." Sang spoke again. She ignored the pouring rain coming down on them. Owen leaned closer.
"I'm sorry Sang. I'm sorry you had to endure so much at your parents. I'm sorry we weren't there to protect you. You suffered so much with us too. I'm sorry that the little girl had no help. Darling, I'm so very sorry." It was breaking his heart to see Sang this way.
"No one stopped it from happening. No one was listening, no one was there. She raped, tortured, used knife, fire and no one stopped her" Sang said in the same monotone, as if she was apart from all of the things going around her.
Owen signaled Nathan to pick her up. "Who. Sweetheart?" Nathan asked as he got up with Sang in his arm. We need to get her inside fast, he thought. She is turning blue.
"My mother!" Sang answered.
"She won't hurt you anymore" Owen said walking towards the parked cars. They'll have to send someone to pickup Sang's car. "She is confused" he thought. "Sang's stepmother didn't rape her! There was no sign!"
"She did hurt me. She made sure I wouldn't be any good anyone." Sang told them and lost consciousness.
Nathan sat in the back seat with Sang on his lap. Owen got a blanket out of the trunk and gave it to Nathan to wrap her in and turned the heater high. "She couldn't have said what we think it is, right?" He asked Owen.
"I don't know Nathan. I don't know." Owen never felt so lost.
He didn't know what to tell his team. He failed, they failed to protect her, is that what he is suppose to say?
*********************************************************************************A/N
It took a long time to write this chapter. I knew what I wanted to say but wasn't happy with what I was writing. I don't know how much justice I was able to do to something as important a child abuse. But I tried. I hope you like it. I welcome all comments. Criticism, telling me how great I am or simply telling me to f*** off.
Thanks.