"I'm sorry Rah, everything will get better in due time" I say walking up to him and embracing him into a hug. Raheem did me wrong so many times, but no one deserves to loose their mother.

"This some bullshit" Jay says angrily while storming off to the guest room. I'll talk to him later.

"I was wondering if you could sing at her wake tomorrow morning?" he ask me pulling away from our hug

"I don't know Rah, I'm sorry for your lost but I don't really want to associate with you like that. Plus I haven't sung since I was a little girl" I tell him. Growing up my mother had the voice of an angel, I guess I took after her because I could sing too. I use to be on the choir at church, everyone loved me. But that was the past, my mother isn't here anymore and I don't sing anymore.

"Mel please? You don't even have to stay the whole time, I just want to hear your beautiful voice. Do it for my mother. Please?" he begged

"Okay Rah, I'll do it. I'm just going to sing and show my respect then I'm leaving. You understand?" I asked him

"Thank you Mel, and yeah I gotchu. The wake starts at noon" he informs me

"Ok, I'll be there"

"Thanks Mel" he says hugging me and turning to the front door

"Your welcome Rah, see you tomorrow" I say opening the door for him

"Alright bye" he replies walking out the door

I close the door behind him and stood there for a second. I'm pretty sure Jay has already called Tyrone and told him about this. So I should be getting a phone call in a few minutes. I really feel bad for Raheem, the least I can do is go show my respect and send my condolences. I just really hope I'm not making a mistake by doing this.

"God I hope I'm doing the right thing" I say out loud to myself. You just never know with Raheem, he likes to flip the script.

The Next Day....

"Mel why are we here?" Jay asks me as we walk into the church. Surprisingly alot of people were here it was somewhat pack, everyone was walking around and greeting people.

"Because I'm giving my condolences" I tell him yett again

"You know you in deep shit with Tyrone" he tells me. Last night I didn't answer any of Ty's phone calls, because I knew he was mad and I didn't feel like him yelling in my ear. So I gave him some time to cool off, I'll call him after we leave here.

"Stop cursing in the lord's house" I say as we sit down in the back of the church. I wanted to be lowkey.

"My bad G" he says looking up at the roof as if he were talking to God. This fool.

Pretty soon the service started, and the pastor gave a very good sermon. There were a few people who shouted out through it but all in all it was good.  

"Mel, time for you to sing" Raheem says popping up outta no where

"Ok" I say getting up and moving past Jay. Rah gently takes my hand and walks with me to the front of the church, the pastor hands him a microphone.

"I just wanna thank all of you for coming out to my mother's wake. I appreciate it and I know my mama does" he says in to the mic "My very close friend Melanie is going to sing a song, so I ask that y'all give her your undivided attention" he says handing the mic to me

"You got this baby girl" he whispered into my ear. Then he went and took his seat.

"I haven't sung in a while, so bare with me" I say into the mic. The crowd nodded there heads as if they understood.

I brought the mic close to my mouth and proceeded to sing "Missing You" by Brandy. I did my best to hit every high note I could and to sing every word correctly. After I was finished, I was greeted with rapid clapping throughout the church. People actually stood up out there seats and told me how good I was.

"You did great Mel" Raheem said giving me a hug

"Thanks Rah" I tell him, the wake was over and everyone was getting up to leave.

"I just want to thank you again for coming by and singing for me, and from the bottom of my heart I'm sorry for all the hell I put you through" he says sounding sincere

"I forgive you Rah, I just don't see us being friends or anything like that" I say trying my best to fight back tears

"Thats fine by me, but thanks again for coming"

"It was no problem Raheem"

"But it was for me" says a familiar voice. I turned around to see a very pissed off Tyrone. Damn.

Hayyyyyy guyss!!! Sorry it took so long for this update, a nigga be procrastinating. But hey it's up! How did you guys feel about this chapter? Did yall think Rah was sincere with his apology? Was Melanie wrong for what she did? Tyrone's mad. What y'all think gone happen? Let me knoww drop them comments.  Read and vote also.

Oh and check out @mizzdivasocute book! She just started writing and her book on point tho! :) Also shout out to @lovemexchasity, she pushed me to get this chapter out!! So check out her books too they maddd good!!

R.I.P to Trayvon Martin, justice was NOT served. Thats all I have to say on that.

Ok guys, byeeee. I love you all. :*

*Demiraaa