Weird Feelings

~Harumi's P.O.V~

I see Shikamaru looking round for me. I laugh to myself as I run up from behind him and kick him down. I then jump back and put my hands on my hips. "I win!"

~Shikamaru's P.O.V~

Jeez she was fast! My head starts to feel dizzy as hell as I get up. Seems like she took it more seriously than I thought she would...

I get up. "Well, that was sudden..." I brush the dirt off my sleeves, which takes a while..

Harumi finally runs towards me. "Here, I'll help. You got some on that pineapple head of yours." She laughs as she tip-toes and reaches up, her hand carefully ruffling my hair.

I smile without realising. "Thanks. You know, over these past months you've become pretty strong. I'm confident you'll do well in the Chuin exam..." As I say this, I feel myself heat up a bit for some reason. Guess it must be from falling over... Harumi then faces me.

"Well, I hope so too." She grins as she punches my arm playfully.

* * *

Its gone midnight and I lay in bed trying to sleep. But I can't. Something on my mind is keeping me up but I can't explain. Even though I'm the guy with the "high IQ" and known for being the "genius", I seem to struggle understanding my emotions right now.

After thinking for a while, I finally come to a conclusion. One which I never thought of before...

~Harumi's P.O.V~

I am wake up early as it's Chunin exam day! I get ready, eat, study, excersise and then go into the garden to practice kunai and shuriken throws, at a tree which I drew a target on. My kunai shoots straight on the centre.

A monotone voice from behind me is heard. "Perfect aim you got there." I don't turn round as I concerntrate on the target whilst I take out another shuriken, ready to aim again. Then, as I am about to throw, a black strip, quick as lightning, wraps softly round my slim wrist, causing me to drop my shuriken.

"Hey!" I shout as I turn round to face the pineapple head who is leaning against a tree, hands in his pockets. He laughs, which makes me laugh (though I try to keep a serious face.)

He answers, "You could've at least answered the compliment I gave you." He raises an eyebrow as he stares straight at me.

I take a deep sigh as I bow down "Oh, my apologies! Thank you very much, Mr Nara. I know, I know. I am just so skilled now, that compliments are the norm for me, and so I feel they are not needed to be replied to, as I get them on a regular basis from sooo many people. Though, I do find it particularly rude of you to interrupt my shuriken throwing like that." I that put my hands on my hips and turn my head high to the side, away from Shikamaru.

~Shikamaru's P.O.V~

A grin spreads slowly across my face as I wonder where the hell all that attitude came from. "Well sorry your highness." I tease. Harumi stays in her head held high position, concentrating at the clouds in the sky.

I continue to stare at her as I secretly admire how much she has changed. She has become a bit more confident and skilled over the last few months. I've even noticed she rarely goes red or pink in the face unlike when I first saw her...

I suddenly snap out of it as I realise she is now walking towards me whilst re-tieing her hair, which is now always put up in a pony tail and doesn't hide her face like it used to. "Urgh! Damn it... My hair tie snapped." She says through gritted teeth.

I take out a spare one from my pocket. "Here..." Harumi doesn't take it as she turn round and waits for me tie to her hair up for her.

I sigh "What a drag..." I carefully bring her soft, fresh hair back and do my best to put it in a ponytail. It's silent until Harumi speaks.

"Thanks for everything, Shikamaru. I mean, all the training has really helped me. I really appreciate it." She then turns round and suddenly wraps her arms round me.

"No problem." I then get a surge of happiness inside of me. Proberably what people call "butterflies". I smile as I hug her back as I think about last night, when I was trying to figue out my emotions or whatever, finally knowing that I am in love with Harumi.

A thought crops up: Maybe I should ask her out... Wait what?! Why am I thinking this now?!

~Harumi's P.O.V~

The hug lasts longer than intended. I finally break away as I realise I am meant to be going, as the exam is starting soon!

"I best get going!" I run into the Nara's house and grab my bags. Mr and Mrs Nara wish me luck as I head out the door.

"Wait up. There's something I wanna ask you..." Shikamaru walks out of his home and follows me.

I give him a smile as my cheeks tinge pink. "I've just remembered there's something I wanna ask you as well."