Dear older me.

A letter from me to my older self:

Don't let anyone tell you that years from now, you won't be the naïve little girl who used to believe in humanity and peaceful co-existence.

That life would have hardened your kind selfless heart by then.

That all the injustices in the world would drown your soul in stark pessimism and turn your heart into a shuttered box of cynicism that no light would dare shine through it.

Shut out the selfish voices that encourage you to seek only your own path when others around you are getting lost in the darkness of despair.

Don't become a hardened shell of a being!

Dream the same dreams you dreamt when you're 8, 18 till your 98! Dream to make a difference although you're just an insignificant pawn in the bigger scheme of things.

Love without any though of self-preservation <3

Laugh without inhibition.

Trust without a hint of doubt even if you have innumerable stab wounds to show for each person's betrayal.

Make your sole purpose in life to put a smile on people's face when your own is stained with melancholy.

Raise people higher even if you have to lower yourself in the process.

Preserve the gift of benevolence that you've been given and bathe in the feeling of intense joy that comes from giving.

Let your heart constrict in pain when you see someone hurting even if your heart is already burdened with profound grief.

Turn your sorrows into your shield of steel that reflects the brightened rays of the sun.

Because your expectations are not from life itself rather The Creator of life and one day you'll be given your dues and weave a tale of eternal success.

-EnchantedByIslam

Bio

Name: ShameeN 

Age: Just out of my teen years (yep, you guessed it right!)

Location: Near the bay of Bengal

Hobbies: writing (obviously), reading, cooking and the list goes on

By Day: I'm a sneaker wearing niqabi Uni student who has a weird habit of zoning out of serious conversations.

What I am in my dreams and aspirations: The great female warrior Khawlah Bint Al Azwar!

What I am in real life: Sid the sloth -.-

Motto: Be the change you want to see

Well that's about it, folks.