Apprentice assesements Chapter 8

( fuzzy paws pov)

" Okay everyone we are doing your final assessment. If you complete it than you go to the moonstone to receive Starclans blessing and you warrior name!" I looked at my friends and smiled. Rowanpaw had become a warrior a moon ago but he hadn't visited Starclan yet. Come to think about niether did Pinepaw.

" Fuzzypaw are you listening?" I snapped back into attention." No sorry Thunderclaw"
" That's okay. You and Silverpaw will go hunt till dusk. It is dawn now. You may eat two pieces of prey while hunting . Whoever comes back with the most prey wins. I want you to catch at least one rabbit, two squirres, five fish, two mice, and a Water vole. Any questions?" Thunderclaw finished.
" What about Dreampaw?" Silverpaw asked.
" She is doing medicine assessments.
Oh okay!" She said enthusiasticly.

" 3,2,1 GO!" His new echoed around the the hollow as I ran up the slope and pelted to the river. I saw Silverpaw head into the forest. Smart thinking. I walked to the river and dove in. The current swiped feebly at my pelt as I swam and looked for fish. I just about choked as I saw Dreampaw swimming and grabbing sea weed and weeds.

(Silverkits pov)

I ran into the forest to do the hard stuff first. I slowed down and smelled rabbit.
I quietly headed to where the scent came from. There! I plump brown HARE! Wow I'm in luck! I stalked towards it. Ready set pounce and n-

"Hi Silverpaw what you hunting.
Pineclaw what the heck Are you doing!
Oh oops I'll be right back." He dashed off and came back with the hare in his jaws. "I believe this is your hare that I scared away." He chuckled softly.

" What are you doing here Pineclaw? In in the middle of an assessment!
Oh and I'm supposed to track you and then tell your mentor how you did, I also wasn't supposed to get caught and to tell you... Aww mouse dung!"
I laughed as he ran off.
" Stupid furrball!" I purred silently.

(Dream paws pov)

" Fuzzypaw I didn't think you would be here!" I mewed
" Same, what do those do?" She beckoned to the seaweed at my feet.
" Oh if you mash it and get the pulp it heals deep gashes. It cleans them out, but it also helps scars heal." Fuzzypaw looked bored.
"Um you should go Fuzzypaw.
Oh right see ya." She dove under the surface and I went back to camp.

--------
(Fuzzy paws pov)

" Fuzzypaw you have caught a trout, a catfish and two cod. You also caught one squirrel, and one mouse. You missed one mouse, one squirrel, and a rabbit." Leapord star mewed.

" Silverpaw you caught 3 trout,
0 squirrels, 1 mouse, a rabbit and a, Hare! You missed a mouse and both squirrels, but the hare makes up for that. Tomorrow night you will go with Pineclaw , Dreampaw , Fallenleaves ,and... Fuzzypaw. You will go and speak with Starclan. If they approve you will get your warrior name in two days. You will leave tomorrow at dawn. Good luck.

(Silver paws pov)

" Hey congrats Silverpaw!" I looked up to see Pineclaw carrying a rabbit in his jaws. It was my rabbit!
" Do you want to share this with me?" He asked.
" I would love to." I purred happily. We ate in silence. When we finished he lapped my pelt and I lapped his. The moonlight shone on my pelt making it shine.
" Your pelt is beautiful Silverpaw.
Thank you." I purred in return.
" Um I know we're still young but Silverpaw... Will you be my mate?
I gasped in surprise then calmly answered. " Yes and no." His face fell the slightest. " I mean lets just start as really good friends till I decide.
Well okay," He mewed, then he scampered off leaping in joy.