Chapter 11

It was the end of the school day and I had arrived at the Rez. I hated Sam for ordering it; I didn't want to be here, I didn't want to see Paul. I have no choice now, Sam ordered me to the Rez.

"What is Bella doing here? I thought this was a pack meeting." Seth pointed out.

"Bella knows just as much as any of us, I'm sure she'll be useful to us. Besides, I decided she should be here and that's that."

"Our great, powerful leader puts his foot down. The leech's slut at our meeting. why don't we just go offer ourselves to some damn vampires Sam? Get right to the chase."

"DON'T EVER SPEAK ABOUT BELLA THAT WAY! SHE IN NOT A SLUT AND SHE DOES NOT BELONG TO ANY BLOODSUCKER! IF I HEAR YOU SPEAK OR THINK ILL OF HER AGAIN, YOU'RE DEAD!" Sam yelled directly in Paul's face. He had shoved the Beta into a huge oak tree. They both stood there breathing heavily. And they both were beyond anger, but Paul backed off the Sam.

Paul looked at me, but not in the eye, he seemed choked up. "I'm sorry Bella."

I nodded my head in shock. "S'okay." I didn't know what to say, what Paul had said was hurtful and I just wanted to cry. I wasn't really sure, though, if it was Sam's loud threat towards Paul or if it was actually Paul's words that had been so hurtful.

"It's not okay Bella." Sam stated softly to me. "It's horrible and untrue, and nobody in my pack will ever be saying such things."

"Thanks Sam." I was looking at Paul, but he was staring at the ground as he kicked dirt.

"Let's get down to business now. Bella will be spending most of her free time on the Rez-"

"What? Sam, I don't think so."

Sam walked over to me and pulled me to his side, our hips her touching and his arm was wrapped firmly around my waist. "Be reasonable Isabella. I need you here." He told me, lips against my ear.

I looked at him. "Sam." He didn't reply, just looked back at me expectantly. I pulled away from his arms. "Sam. Don't do this. Control it, change it, before it's too deep. Please, don't do this Sam. Don't."

"It's already too deep Bella. I want you here more. It's not a request, you will be here at the Rez more often." His voice softened. "I can't go against it. It's way to strong and I've given into it. Just go along with it and everything will be perfect."

My bottom lip started quivering. "You promised. You said you didn't have these feelings, you said. Sam, I can't."

Everyone was watching intensely.

"And what about my pack? Everything has been so complicated because I'm not the true Alpha, but you exist cuz the pack exists. Billy explained more to me, I understand it all. See Bella, Alphas don't imprint. They have something much stronger."

"You did." I scoffed.

"Think. I'm not the Alpha by blood, it's why I imprinted on Emily. Since Jake refused his birthright, I got the imprint and the Alpha bond."

"Don't you feel special." I muttered.

"No, my imprint is slowly fading because the bond is meant for the Alpha and I'm the Alpha now. Jake fucked everything up and I'm gonna end up breaking Emily's heart."

"Why do you keep bringing Jake into this? I thought you said this has nothing to do with the other pack members."

"Bella, the Alpha has always been a Black family member. It's in Jacob Black's blood, it is Jake's birthright. He was born destined to be Alpha, but refused it. Do you get it yet? I have Emily because I am not suppose to be Alpha and I have you because Jake gave it all up. I wasn't meant to have you, it was thrust upon me. You were born because Jacob Black was born."