Commando

(I don't own Lab Rats)

-Spike-

I mentally frowned as Chase started freaking out.

Grow up, I advised, so what if you're the commando app now? That just means I have a longer turn with the meat suit. You've had it for forever, it's about time I can have it.

"You can't have it, Spike," Chase answered, glancing around almost as if he would see me.

I tuned him out angrily. But then a thought occurred to me. What if I just ditched this trash mound and go to the mainland? Maybe I could go to Hawaii or something. I wouldn't have to give up the meat suit.

Let's go on vacation!

"What are you talking about!?" Chase responded, sounding irritated, "I was just talking to you and telling you about how it's my body and why you can't have it, and then you just changed the subject!"

Technically I tuned you out and then butted in with much more interesting information.

"Is he supposed to be talking to himself?" Bree whispered to Mr. Davenport.

"I can hear Spike in my head, is that supposed to happen?" Chase questioned, glancing at everyone else worriedly.

I could always hear you when I was in charge when I was the app, but I ignored you and you always forgot about it anyways. But if it is possible that you can be the app, then that means that we're probably one and the same. You're me, and I'm you.

I shoved against the barrier, trying to get back in the driver's seat, but Chase subconsciously stood against it.

"I'm Spike?" he echoed, "there is no difference?"

We share a meat suit, got a problem with that?

"We don't share a meat suit, this body is mine," Chase narrowed the meat suit's eyes. Whatever, he's an idiot if he hasn't realized that by now. Scoot over, I'm getting into the driver's seat.

 Commando app disengaged

"Huh? I didn't forget?" I squinted as if that would make everything make sense. I turned a glare on everybody who had cringed when my voice was the one that came out of the meat suit.

"You guys can fix this, right?" Fruit fly Leo turned to the two grow ups in the room. Was he nervous? Now that I took a good look at him, the fruit fly wasn't much of a fruit fly anymore.  When did that happen?

The capsule seemed smaller with every passing second, and I hate the feeling of being caged. How did Chase put up with this thing, let alone sleep in it? I could remember everything Chase knows, so the memory of almost losing the meat suit when this thing turned into an oven back in the lab came back to me. I wasn't scared, just nervous. Spike doesn't get scared.

But when I went to push the door open, having had enough of the capsule, the door wouldn't budge. Those jerks had locked me in!

"HEY!" I practically roared, pushing on the only exit, "LET ME OUT!"

"Until we can get this fixed, we'll have to keep him in the capsule so he doesn't destroy anything," Donald told everyone present. The nerve of that monster!

"LET ME OUT OR I SWEAR I WILL DESTROY YOUR FACE FIRST!!!!"

"It's like a monster took over Chase," I heard one of the students whisper to the person next to them. It was like a slap to the face. I'm not a monster, I'm just.....

Face it.

I'm just an app.

To protect Chase.