3. Live to regret those words

As the early hours of the morning rolled in and most of the club members stumbled into their dorm rooms, Scarlett sat in awe of her best friend as he showed her photos of his two young sons. The anxiety was still overwhelming the young girl, she was worried for her older brother. Scarlett has always known that her family lived a dangerous life but after the death of her sister in law and now her father, she couldn't help but worry about Opie and how he so desperately needed her back in this town after he tried so hard to get her out.

Scarlett Winston.

"So this is Abel" Jax slurred while showing me a photo of his eldest son. "He looks just like you" I smile at the drunk man next to me. "And this, this is Thomas" he laughs and swipes across to the next photo. "He's got Tara's nose" He speaks again, beaming with pride. "They are gorgeous, I'm so proud of you" I say. "They know all about their aunty Scarlett, I can't wait for you to meet them" Jax says slumping further down into the couch. I laughed at the older blonde. He was wasted, I hadn't seen him this drunk since we were in high school. "I can't wait to-" I cut myself short, realising that Jax had passed out and was snoring peacefully. He's going to be so hungover tomorrow.

"Where are you staying tonight?" Happy makes his way over and hands me a drink. "Well I was supposed to be staying at Opie's house but I guess that's out of the picture" I laughed as I looked over at Ope who had passed out on the pool table. "You can stay in the dorm with me" Happy offered. "I can't ask you to do that Hap, surly you want to take one of these crow eaters back to your dorm" I say. "You think if I wanted one of these crow eaters I'd be sitting here with you right now, and plus you didn't ask" Happy stands up and offers me a hand. "Come on" he says and I put my drink down before grabbing his hand. "Okay but you better not snore" I as he pulls me off the couch. "Oh I do" He laughs and I let him lead me back to his dorm.

"I'll take the couch" Happy says while stripping off his kutte. "You don't have to do that Hap" I say and take off my shoes. "No it's fine" Happy says and pulls a shirt out of a draw. "Here, you can sleep in this" He says as he hands me one of his samcro shirts. "Thankyou" I say taking the shirt and turning around, quickly stepping out of my jeans and replacing my shirt with his. Turning back around I found Happy cramped up on the tiny couch. "Hap please I really don't mind if you sleep in the bed" I laugh and get into the bed. "Are you sure?" he asks. "Positive, come here" I say patting the empty side of the bed and stands to join me. "Goodnight killer" I say and turn off the lamp on the bedside table. "Goodnight little one" he says and kisses my forehead.

I woke before the sun the next morning. Happy was still sprawled out on the bed sleeping peacefully. I slowing slipped out of his arms, trying not to wake him. I succeeded and quickly put my jeans on before exiting his dorm room. The smell of Whiskey and cigarette's hit me like a ton of bricks as I walked into the bar, I laughed at the scene in front of me. Opie was still passed out on the pool table with a croweater on top of him. Chib's somehow managed to squeeze himself between two hang arounds on one of the couches. Tig was facedown on the bar with a bottle of Jack Daniels in hand. And Jax was still snoring loudly on the couch across from Chibs. I stepped over the bodies on the floor and made my way outside just as the sun began to rise.

"You always used to love watching the sunrise when you were a kid" I jumped at the voice, spinning around and finding Bobby sitting at a table, a lit cigarette in one hand, a bottle of whisky in the other. "Jesus Elvis, you scared the shit out of me" I glare at the older man with my hand over my heart. "Sorry Scar" he laughs and motions for me to come sit next to him. "The sunrise has been gorgeous since dad died" I say and sit next to him. "He's watching you, making sure you're okay" Bobby says and hands me his half smoked cigarette. "I wish I got to tell him I loved him one last time" I say inhaling the toxic chemicals. "He knows, he's always known. Wouldn't have ran you out of this town if he didn't" Bobby says, throwing his arm around my shoulder. "Yeah, I was a little shit though. Wish I would have listened to him earlier" I laugh and pass back the cigarette. "Yeah you were" he speaks and I give him a faked shocked look. "But everything happens for a reason baby" he says and kisses the side of my head. "That it does" I smile softly, laying my head on his shoulder. I always found comfort in Bobby, he was always my voice of reason when my head got to loud.

By midday the boys had woken and were all pretending to not be hungover but the pain in their eyes told us otherwise. Tara ended up bringing Abel and Thomas over to meet me. She was catching me up on everything that happened over the last couple of years as we pushed the young boys on the swings of the clubhouse playground. "Higher aunty Scarlett" Abel giggled. "If I push you any higher you're going to touch the moon" I smiled at the boys innocence. "To the moon momma" Thomas chimed in while pointing at the sky. The squeak of the main gain caught my attention. "What on earth is happening" I say, watching my language in front of the boys. "What?" Tara asks, snapping her head in the same direction. "Lilly can you take the boys inside please" Tara asks one of the hang arounds and quickly ushers her sons towards the teenage girl.

"Alright laddies, our rides here" Chib's speaks as he steps out of the clubhouse. The parking lot was filling with cops now and my stomach was in knots. I knew something was wrong. As the rest of the boys made their way outside I found myself drifting towards Happy. "What's going on?" I question and he slings his arm around my shoulder. "It's okay" His voice was huskier than usual and full of anger. "I love you, please be safe" I could hear Tara say to Jax as he pulled her into a deep kiss. "San Joaquin Sheriff's department" The sheriff spoke and held up a warrant. "Keep my boys safe" Gemma kissed Chibs on the cheek. "Always mom" He says and makes his way over to me. "Look after yourself little one, i'll see you real soon" he embraces me and places a kiss on my forehead. "Help Tara with the boys please" Jax pulls me into a hug. "Of course" I say teary eyed giving him a squeeze.

Just as the officers finished handcuffing Jax, Chibs and Tig, Opie pulled his bike into the lot next to the others. "So you came to say goodbye" the sheriff taunts my older brother. I felt nauseous, praying he wouldn't do something stupid. "Yeah" Opie smirks while staunching towards the sheriff before head butting him. "Ope" I scream trying to run to him but get pulled back into Happy's chest. Tears poured out as the other officers handcuffed my brother. "Opie" I cry breaking free of Happy's arms and sprinting to him. "I love you Scar, look after my babies" he softly smiles at me. There was something in his eyes, I couldn't quite figured out what it was but it felt like a punch in the gut to watch the officers drag Opie away to the van. "What the hell is Opie doing?" Tara asked as both her and Gemma made their way to me. "He's staying close" Gemma replies and wraps her arms around me.

The lot fell quiet as the last cop car left. "Jesus Christ" I mutter to no one in particular. "Come on little one" I hear Happy say from behind me. "Lets get you inside" Gemma says placing her hand on my back gently pushing me towards the clubhouse. "I knew it" I say wiping my tears, letting the frustration take over. "I knew something was wrong and you all fucking kept it from me" I yell. "Baby we didn't know Ope was going to do that" Gemma pleas. "It's petty charges Scar they will be out in a few days, I promise you" Tara says rubbing my shoulder, attempting to calm me down. "I hope you don't live to regret those words" I flinch away from Tara and walk towards my car.

One day in this god forsaken town and this shit is already happening.