One Big Happy Family

I waited with my bridesmaids and maidens, Lia, Garcia, and JJ, outside of the main part of the church. I was in my white, sweetheart neck-lined, mermaid fit, wedding dress with lace sleeves and white stilettos with my hair up in bun, my bangs and short hairs falling from their ties. White buttercup flowers were slipped into the braid that tied the bun. Mrs. Fran walked in with Andrew, who was in a tiny tux, carrying a pillow with two golden rings tied to it.

"Come here."I said to him. I pulled his chin to me and kissed him. "Be a good ring bearer, okay?" He nodded and went to his position. JJ walked up to me, handed me my bouquet, and looked me in the eye.

"Are you ready?"she asked. I took in a shaky breath and nodded.

"As I'll ever be."

Music started to play and JJ went back in her spot in the line up. Lia was escorted by Hotch, Garcia by Rossi, JJ by Reid, and I by Gary. Derek was waiting at the altar in a tux, his hands fidgeting with nervousness. Once I saw him, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. I reached the altar and the priest started the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved, we gather here today to celebrate the joining of Derek Morgan and Avery Provost in Holy Matrimony."the Pastor said. I handed my bouquet to my Maiden-of-Honor, JJ, and the pastor asked Drew for the rings. He took the rings from Drew's pillow.

"If anyone objects to this marriage, speak now or forever hold your piece."

When he said that, I started to get a little scared. Maybe someone thought we shouldn't be together, but when no one spoke up, the butterflies in my stomach went away. . . Well, some of them.

The Celebrant handed Derek and me the rings, telling him the vows, which Derek repeated, "I, Derek James Morgan, take you, Avery Grace Provost, as my lawfully wedded wife. In sickness or in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse, 'till death do we part." He slipped the wedding band onto my finger and it was my turn.

"I, Avery Grace Provost, take you, Derek James Morgan, as my lawfully wedded husband. In sickness or in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse, until death do we part."I repeated, rolling his wedding band on his finger.

"Do you promise to cherish this woman for the rest of your life?"the Pastor asked Derek.

"I do."he replied.

"Do you promise to cherish this man for the rest of your life?"The Father asked me.

"I do."I said, staring into Derek's eyes.

The Priest raised his hands to his shoulder, his palms facing skyward. "I now pronounce you husband and wife." And Derek grabbed the sides of my face, pulling me into a long kiss that earned whoops, hollers, and cat-calls from the congregation.

*

"This one goes out to the happy couple."the lead singer of the band, called over the roaring crowd. His band started to play Like I'm Gonna Loose You by Megan Trainer and John Legend. Derek grabbed my hand and spun me to the center of the dance floor. He pulled both of my hands into his chest, placing his forehead on mine. He rubbed his thumb over my knuckles and I synced my movement and breathing with his.

There was a tug on my dress, and I saw that Andrew had a puppy dog expression spread across his face. I lifted him up and held him between the my husband and me.

After we married, Derek and I rejoined the FBI. Andrew had entered kindergarden, and I dropped him off every day. If we were called in on a case, Drew would stay at JJ's with Will. Derek taught him to play every sport that he played in highshool, I even pitched in a little for baseball and football. We were one big happy family now, and that was how it was going to stay . . . for the time being.

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was." ~ Author Unknown