Chapter Thirteen

Hey! I am sorry I haven't been able to update as much as I would hope to. Please don't hate me!!!!

AUDREY'S P.O.V
We were crowded around the doors. Newt was on my left and Frypan was on my right. Minho and Alby still weren't back yet. They should have been in the glade forever ago but now the doors were going to close any minute and they were no where to be seen. I took a deep breathe to try and calm down. Stressing out just made my head hurt.
The strong breeze signalling that the doors were closing came through the entrance. I took in a shaky breathe hoping to see the two boys come running up to us at the last second. They didn't. The doors were closing. It was over.
Then they appeared. Minho was dragging an unconscious Alby down the corridor leading to the glade. Shouts of encouragement broke out among us. Nothing could stop the doors from closing and if Minho didn't make it then they were both going to be stuck out there for the night And no one has ever survived a night in the maze except ben, but we still didn't know why he made it.
The doors were a few feet from closing and I was losing hope. Then Newt took a step forward. I grabbed his arm thinking he was trying to go into the maze but I saw that he was trying to stop someone. Thomas.
Thomas ran into the maze as the doors closed right behind him. He was gone. Alby was gone. Minho was gone. I looked at Newt who just stared at the wall. Frypan began to slowly move away along with some others. Eventually it was me Chuck and Newt. I put my hand on chucks shoulder to try and comfort him but he shook his head and walked away into the homestead. I looked to Newt. He was devastated but knew what needed to be done. He was now in charge since Alby was gone.
"Newt..." I began not sure how to finish
"I'm okay." he said
"Ok" I nodded and walked away. I went into the dead heads and leaned against a tree. I made sure I could still see the gladers walking around before I settled down. I didn't want to go too deep in because of what happened last time.
Minho Thomas and Alby were gone. Alby was always there for me When I needed anything.
Then there was Minho.
Minho was my best friend and would do anything for me. We listened to all of eachother's problems and he knew me better than I knew myself probably. What if I never saw him again? My chest tightened thinking about never hearing his sarcastic voice or his loud laugh.
I sat there for hours crying, clinging to the hope that they would walk back into the glade in the morning.