W.G.F. Part 2

Scarlet was bolting down the halls of the palace, barely noticing the blood dripping down her arms and cloths. The taste of it on her tongue disgusted her, and she felt the need to wash it out with iodine. But those doctors got in her way, and she needed to get out of there.

She sniffed in the air, and the potent scent of gun powder was growing stronger. She must have been nearing the armory.

Scarlet had no control over her own body after that. She was only an observer as parts of her body fought the guards of and knocked them out. Her hands stole guns and threw a long range rifle over her shoulder. She swiped a bag to toss extra ammunition into along with a pistol and a dagger.

It didn't take long to find where her hoodie and old clothing had been stashed. She found it in a closet by the room she'd escaped from. And even though half of the palace was on high alert searching for her, they couldn't keep up. She was always to quick, and for some reason, they couldn't sense her through her bio-electricity.

She threw on her jeans and hoodie, which were now clean of all the muck and grime from before. It made her feel good to feel her normal clothing on her back again.

Sadly, that feeling when away all too soon.

After evading several groups of guards, Scar managed to escape the palace. But was met by a large lake. There was another way around, which she would take for the sake of the gunpowder. She was just about to step away, when her eyes snagged on something in the water.

The image had long white fangs poking out of it's mouth and frazzled hair. It's eyes were merciless, and almost frightening to look at. It took in deep breaths that made it's chest rise and fall with such a display that any could notice it.

That thing she was staring at was her reflection. And it was going to give her nightmares when she slept next. That is, if she ever slept again.

"No." This is what she feared. This is what she knew could happen to her. Since she was kidnapped, she'd figured they'd do something to her, but not this. Never something like this.

She was now a beast, just like those soldiers that took her grand-mother and killed her and her dad. Just like Ran and those other freaks.

Just like Wolf.

Guilt flowed over her in tsunamis. How could she think of herself as a monster, when the man she loved was just like her?

Then, it hit her. She was everything he never wanted to be. He told her that she took away the pain of being this way. So ... if she was this now .. would he-

Only be reminded of what he hated?

The thought made her growl and want to gnaw out her own insides. Her heart was beating harder and faster now. Because that thought had planted itself into her skull permanently now, and like a parasite, was eating her alive.

Of course he won't love you!

You'll only make him remember what he's being trying to escape!

He'll leave you the minute he sees you!

You've changed to much. He could never love you now.

Why would Wolf want to be with something as hideous as you?!

Scarlet tugged at her hair and screamed. Her mind was ripping itself apart, and she was losing her battles one by one. The wolf inside her was winning, and she couldn't stop it. And every victory of the beast led to one less part of her clinging to the threads of her mind.