Basketball - These Words short chapter 8

Victor ran across the field, dribbling the ball. He threw the ball and score! Maybe I need to take a little break, he thought. He sat down and took a drink from his water bottle. He began to lay down and stared at the blue sky. I have to practice, he thought sadly. I need to make it through the tryouts. I just have to. He got up once more and got the ball. He tossed it and it swished through the net. Victor’s not the athlete kind of guy, but it makes him feel better. Whenever he had homework, he dribbles the ball. Whenever he remembers his parents, he shoots the ball. Basketball is like Tylenol. It makes the pain go away. It makes his pain go away. And he wanted to be better on the thing – the only thing – that makes him happy and relieved. That’s why he signed up for the tryouts. He wanted to be heard. Be known. Be... himself.  Just then, a little boy went to watch him practice. Victor looked at the little boy. I’m that guy when I was little, he thought. And that made him play even more. The boy cheered and clapped his hands whenever he shoots the ball. Victor suddenly stopped playing and went near the boy. “You were amazing.” He said, clapping his hands. Victor smiled and ruffled the boy’s hair. The boy giggled and said, “When I grow up, I want to be just like you!” Victor’s smile became a huge grin. “Thanks pal! What’s your name?” “Brian. Brian White.” “Listen here, Brian,” Victor started. “You can have this. I have lots of it at home.” Brian smiled as he took the ball. “It’s getting pretty late. You should go home now.” And the little boy went. Victor’s happy face suddenly turned into a horrified face. “ Oh my gosh, Algebra! I forgot all about it!” he said under his breath as he rummaged through his backpack and brought out his Algebra notebook. Why does Algebra have to be so hard? He thought as he solved the first problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey people of the world! I'm SO sorry this chapter is TOO short and it took me AGES to upload another one. I kind of, rushed it so... yeah.

12 chapters to go! And finally, we're near to the CLIMAX!

 >.<

Eh. JUST JOKING. We're just near to the part where Victor was asking some help from Zephyr with Algebra and blahblahblah.

Wow, I'm NOT good at making summaries.

So please understand.

Anyways, Till' the next chapter!

                                                                                 WE GOTTA CaRpE DiEm,

                                                                                                    therealshaniaessah18