Dark Salvation: 07 *

Demon and Ghost settled well into her small house, except for the fact that they took over Luna's bed the second they stepped a paw into her room. But she didn't mind, she always loved to have company everywhere she went. Poor Demon had been locked inside of that cage for so long that he begged to go outside every five minutes, and of course, Luna would allow him to have the yard to himself.

She knew what it was like to be stuck inside, after all when she was mute for a substantial amount of time, she never left her room except for the occasional bathroom break and midnight snack over the summers, and eventually, she left in the morning to catch the bus in her high school years. Even when she returned home after school, she was still locked in her room at her own will.

Demon ran back with the blue tennis ball in his mouth, continuously nudging Luna as she sipped her ice cold sweet tea through a pink bendy straw.

Luna held her hand out and Demon dropped the slobbery ball into her hands, she threw it and Demon sped after it. Ghost lazily sat across her feet as the sun poked behind the clouds, and for a second, Luna had forgotten what it was like to have so much company. She was used to being alone unless in public. Drake was the only company she really had. But Luna learned that silence and loneliness were the key concepts to great thinking. And she knew she couldn't always be alone, her mother had raised her right...or tried to...but Luna was always of the stubborn bunch.

The black wolf dog trotted back, ball in mouth. Dropping the ball at his large paws, he raised his large head back and let out a long, sorrowful howl. Then, leaping into Luna's lap, she gasped as she felt his weight crush her legs.

Luna tapped Demon's head as his furry body smashed her legs. "Demon...boy, you're crushing me." He turned his head and gave a wet kiss to her cheek, giving a wolfish grin before snorting and plopping down for her lap.

A knocking sound echoed from the house and Demon went ridged. He snapped up and ran to the door, ranting and barking the entire way. Luna rolled her eyes and slid her feet from under Ghost. She walked through the sliding back doors and went to the door where Demon growled and scratched furiously at the wood.

He whined at Luna and swiveled his head back to the door, a growl emitted from his throat as he glared at the door with blue eyes. Luna opened the door to see Zak Bagans with Nick Groff standing behind him in the doorway. Her stomach fell to her feet, but she hid it while battling with Demon as he charged towards the visitors. Successfully stopping the three almost four foot dog back, she forced a light smile onto her face and closed the door.

"Sorry about Demon, he's just warming up to visitors. Being in a cage for a year can do things to you."

She observed Zak from behind the curtain of her black hair. He gulped and shook his head.

Nick laughed when Zak stepped forward carefully. "Don't worry about it." Zak brushed off the frown from Nick as he narrowed his eyes. "Back to business then." Nick smirked knowingly, following behind his lovestruck friend when Luna welcomed them onto the porch. "You are Luna Storm, right?" He asked when an awkward silence filled his ears. This was an unusual occurance...someone would normally flip out at the sight of the Ghost Adventures bros. Either Luna was quietly having a mental breakdown while successfully hiding it from the ghost hunters, or she was completely relaxed at the sight of celebrities. Maybe she knew others?

Luna nodded and smiled. "Yes, but if I may ask...how did you know my name?"

Zak laughed as he remembered how starstruck Hunter was when he ran into him inside of the gas station that night. "I know this is going to sound weird, but I ran into a boy at a gas station who informed me of your studies and recent activities at the place called Cobblestone Manor." Luna tried to keep from her mouth falling, but it did anyway, to her dismay.