Explode

Just want to kick this off by saying thank you to all those who have and still are faithfully following along with my slow ass updates on this book.

This is going to get a bit sexy just to warn anyone who's a tad bit sensitive to that.

Enjoy comment, follow, show the like love...

explode ɪkˈspləʊd,ɛk-/ verb

1. burst or shatter violently and noisily as a result of rapid combustion, excessive internal pressure, or other process.

2. of a violent emotion or a situation to arise or develop suddenly.

I sat on the couch having discarded the wine glass in favour of coffee, Marcus was across from me pacing like some sort of caged creature.

"Are you going to talk or just wear a hole in my floor?" I sighed rubbing my temple.

Marcus stopped his pacing, he turned to me and stalked around the coffee table before settling himself on the table itself.

"I hurt you." He stated simply as if he'd discovered the most profound answers to the universes questions.

"Yes. You did." I said dryly.

"I can't imagine how disgusting I must be in your eyes, how impure I must be. I can only imagine the hurt I have put you through, the hate that you must feel towards me." Marcuse rambled.

...

I sat outside her apartment block, fighting with myself. I should leave Ella alone and give her the divorce she wanted but the suffocating pain in my chest told me that I would in all probability, die without her

This would be my one and only chance to really try and talk to her before our final divorce hearing.

Ella is everything that I lack, soft and gentle, kind and strong. But strength can bent and something bent too far can be broken. And I had broken Ella in the most unkind of ways. But I couldn't give up, I didn't want the rest of my life to be what ifs and could've beens.

I got out of the car and walked up to the doorman, nodding as I entered. I made my way over to the lift and waited impatiently, my heart beating in my ears. I stepped in as the lift arrived, thank god I was the only person in this lift. I began to pace as the doors closed, until a voice interrupted my thoughts.