Chapter 10 Pt. 1: The Explaination

"Hey big bro, what's new?" Taylor said quietly, attempting to play things out like he hadn't just ASSAULTED MY MOUTH.

"What's new...hm, well got a raise at work, new shirt, HAD KIDS. Nothing out of the ordinary I'd say." He spat, words filled with venom.

"Um, so dinner huh? Come on let's go eat." My mom said quickly attempting to ease the tension in the room. It didn't work.

"No I think I'd like to hear my brothers grand excuse for missing out on everything that's happened these past few months. So, let's hear it, bro." He smirked as he said these words, almost as if he knew something.

"I, uh, I've just been busy, ya' know. School and-"

"School ended last month, try again." Benji snarled, and I mean he snarled. What the chiz, man?!

"I've just been busy okay. Sorry if that's not up to your standards, Mr. Perfect, but I've been busy and had things on my mind." Tay retaliated.

"Sorry doesn't cut it. You missed out on a lot, Taylor, a lot of things that you can't make up for." Benji hissed. Then he smirked. "Hey Sterling." He said and looked past me and Tay, out the open door. "I was just getting to Taylor telling us the real reason as to why he's been so M.I.A. these past few months."

I looked at Sterling, a smirk matching Benji's placed on his face. "Yes, let's hear that explaination." His smile widened. "I think I got here just in time. Don't you agree Benji?"

"Perfect timing, Sterling, perfect timing indeed." They both pointed glares in the direction of Taylor. Lyn now stood in the doorway to the kitchen, exchanging glances with my mother. I stood there, confussion and all, wondering what the heck was going on, and Taylor? Taylor's face drained of all colour, and he gulped.