Roman Josi

His POV

"You don't seem like the type to be out partying." Roman sat in the seat beside her and subtly asks the bartender for the drink he wanted.

She turns to face him, and he met with someone that he didn't expect. She was absolutely stunning, she had that completely country vibe, shorts, a t-shirt, boots and a hat, but there was something about her that was different.

Instead of looking like she was going with the flow like everyone else in the city of Nashville, it looks natural for her, she had a smudge mark of dirt on her cheek, and her shirt wasn't completely clean.

"That's because I'm not." She answers him, and instead of having an over-exaggerated southern draw, she sounded somewhat normal. "I just had a hard day at work, I needed a drink."

He chuckles along with her, "I noticed, you have a little something right there." He takes the napkin that was used as a coaster for his drink and gently wipes her cheek.

"I'm probably covered in dirt, we had to load cattle up onto trains today. Time for them to go to feed yards." She supplies the answer to his unasked question, he wanted to know what she worked as. "It doesn't help that it was burning up outside."

"Yeah? I was stuck inside a building, conditioning all day. It may be on ice but it sure heats up fast."

"You play for the professional team here?"

"How did you guess?" He asks her, but it was blatantly obvious.

"There are no rec teams here for guys your age. It's either pro or minor leagues for everyone out of high school." She explains.

"Roman Josi."

"Y/N Y/L/N, I'll look out for you at the next game I go to."

**

Little did he know that the game she shows up to was two weeks later. She was wearing a long sleeved shirt with his number on the back, and the same hat she was wearing at the bar. Her face was clean of dirt, and she was absolutely stunning.

Roman couldn't keep his eyes off of her during warm ups, the way her tauntingly tight jeans showed of the curves she had, or how the shirt is baggy enough to fit him. With to fingers between her lips, she lets out a shrill whistle and Roman rolls his eyes when he sees her smirk.

She knows that she has an effect on him.

During the game, just knowing that she was in the crowd was making Roman feeling multiple things. Confident, nervous, cocky, and most of all the need to show off, he wants her to see that he can play in this league and that he was good at it.

And when the clock started clicking down, it was like she put some sort of charm on him. It was the best game he had in ages.

As the ending seconds drew closer, Roman had two goals and hoping for a third. And his wish was granted and hats started filling the ice, one after another until one familiar hat fell at his feet. On the inside there was a sticky note,

I was wondering if you would like to go out for dinner after this? I was thinking Hard Rock? Maybe McDonalds if you want something more lowkey.

Y/N (xxx)xxx-xxxx (i want my hat back)

Roman was on the bench now and he asked the assistant equipment manager to go put the hat in his stall, and he kept the note with him, when the buzzer went off, his eyes went to Y/N's seat. She was walking up the steps and into the dark tunnel, out of his sight.

Once he gets to the locker room he takes his phone out and immediately punches the number in,

hard rock it is

**

"Where did you get that shirt?" Was the first thing Roman says to Y/N while sitting on the bar stool next to her.

She already had a burger and fries in front of her, and she is munching on them. "At the game." She says simply, and throws another french fry in her mouth, "You can have the hamburger if you want, I don't want it."

He pulls the the hat out from behind him, "This is yours." And slowly he places it on her head. She looks at him with a smile, and adjusts the hat so it isn't backwards on her.

Roman was having trouble breathing, she has never smiled in front of him before, it has only been 2 weeks since they met.

"You're beautiful, you know that right?" He randomly blurts staring a little longer at her face.

And when the blush blooms up on her face, he knew that she was meant to stick around for a while.

this little hottie i love him so much