Fan fiction

This post was originally shared at wondrousreads.com on 16 April 2015, so some of the numbers may be outdated. 

Since I began writing The Novice on Wattpad, 43 fanfictions have appeared. I have enjoyed reading every one of them. It's great to be able to showcase some of my favourites to you today! In no particular order:

1.) Hybrid - (A Summoner Fan Fiction), by onceuponalife, with 39,017 reads.http://www.wattpad.com/story/13651950 There's something different about Darrian. Darrian, son of none, is a second year at the Military Academy of Summoning and renounced for being the best student within the academy. However, the reason behind his many talents and connection with the Ether is a disturbing one, and once the world finds out, it could put both his life, and the life of those he loves, in mortal danger. With the help of new student, Fletcher, will he be able to overcome the nightmare and stop himself from being used as a living weapon? I love this story. It features all of The Novice's characters as well as a new cast created by the author, with an unusual protagonist who has a special ability to read demons' minds.

2.) Secret Demons (A Summoner FanFic), by freewriter113, with 4469 reads.http://www.wattpad.com/story/13795195-secret-demons-a-summoner-fanfic Erin, a commoner, gets dragged to the academy after his potential is discovered. However, there is more than meets the eye with this student. As his struggles begin to pile up, Erin learns some secrets should be kept. This story is very well written, with a wonderful new protagonist and a storyline that focuses on Fletcher's crime in the first act of The Novice.

3.) Child of the Ether (Summoner Fan Fiction), by yjzhou, with 3352 reads.http://www.wattpad.com/story/15186402-child-of-the-ether-summoner-fan-fiction

Yang-Jian is a strange boy found in the midst of a portal opened by summoners. How will he cope without his parents? In this harsh world all is different from the forgotten world that he has left behind. He will have to work hard and endure the harshness of life in this painstakingly high journey. He wishes to become a strong mage and take revenge on all those that have opposed him and caused his life to be full of pain and misery. Where the author imagines himself in the Summoner World, growing up as an orphan and being trained as a battlemage by one of the teachers at Vocans Academy.

4.) The Orc War: A Summoner Fiction, by Drocan1, with 839 reads. http://www.wattpad.com/story/16735798-the-orc-war-a-summoner-fiction Covering the first war between man, elf and orc, including diplomatic problems with the dwarves. This story explores the rich history of the Summoner world, namely the first orc war. Taking place in the orc jungles and starring a protagonist by the name of James Folcan, a young boy who is dragged into the war when his village comes under threat. 

5.) Adelaide (Summoner Fan Fiction), by Dark_Fantasy_Anime, with 2964 reads.http://www.wattpad.com/41986580-adelaide-summoner-fan-fiction The protagonist, Adelaide, is a 17 year old summoner who has a horrible background, and the events of the past have motivated her to make a positive impact on the war. Telling the story of a young noble, whose entire family was slaughtered by the orcs. She then joins the academy at the same time as the cast of The Novice.

6.) Iron Forged, by tyfi2180, with 1599 reads.http://www.wattpad.com/story/23407511-iron-forged When a regiment of soldiers is seconded to a noble family for security and enforcement, they are thrust into a conspiracy that began before they were born. Private William Lockhart is caught in the middle, with mounting pressure from his friends and the inquisition. William is forced to reveal a secret kept hidden from everyone he loves, or risk losing them anyway. Telling the tale of a soldier on the frontlines, political intrigue and danger abounds in this military take on the Summoner world. If you enjoyed these or want to see what else my fans have come up with, a full list can be found here on my Wattpad reading list.It's been so inspiring to read stories based on my writing and the broad mix of ideas and elements that the fans have used. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have.