Walls

A/N: For those that don't know, 'spotting' is a term used for when a person is benching weights and another person stands at the head of the bench making sure they don't drop the weights on themselves.

Derek
It was around six and the sun was slowly setting outside Derek's window when he heard a deafening crack coming from his living room. He leapt up from his bed, not bothering to put anything on over his briefs as he rushed in the direction of the sound. Upon arriving in the room, he was greeted with a gaping hole in his wall.

"What the hell?!" He yelled. A guilty looking Stiles peeked through the hole, wincing visibly at Derek's anger.
"I was trying to hang a picture." He explained, raising a hammer and waving it. "But if you just stand there like that I won't need the picture anymore." He added boldly, then flushing scarlet.

Derek hadn't seen Stiles in almost a week after their heated exchange in his apartment, he'd put it down to Stiles realising he didn't actually like Derek at all.
"If you can't fix a slot-in shelf how on earth did you think you could hang a god damn picture?" Derek hissed furiously. Stiles shrugged in an immature manner. He looked like a child that had just been caught after breaking a precious vase.

"I'm so so sorry Derek, I- I'll pay to fix it. I didn't actually think I could hang the picture but I... I didn't wanna ask you for help because you probably hate me for the other night and you probably think I'm some really tall immature kid but I just got nervous and you're so attractive and nice and funny and I just didn't want you to use-"
"Stiles." Derek sighed.

The younger man halted his verbal vomit and stared at Derek.
"I'll fix it when I have time. Don't try and do anything that requires more than glue." He instructed and walked off to his kitchen and tugged his robe on, leaving Stiles standing open mouthed on the other side of the hole.

Derek drank his coffee and thought about what he'd gotten himself into; more work, more Stiles and a hole in his box of privacy. At least he was being relatively quiet, Derek had a lot of work to do that evening and would have to make a trip to the hardware store for plaster and such materials to fix the wall.

As he mulled this over in his head, an atrocious tune blared through his residence, along with Stiles' singing.

"Adventure time! Come on grab your friends, we'll go to very distant lands. With Jake the Dog and Finn the-"
"Stiles turn it down." Derek growled loudly.
"OK so you don't like Adventure Time." He heard Stiles mutter from his own living room.
"I've never watched Adventure Time, whatever the hell that is, I just don't like the sound of your TV coming into my apartment."
"Well there is a hole in the wall-"
"Stiles. Who put the God forsaken hole there in the first place? "

Silence.

*

Stiles
Stiles desperately wanted to believe that peering through the hole discreetly while Derek worked out in his living room wasn't creepy but his conscience kept telling him otherwise. His day at work had been less than enjoyable and he'd decided that he deserved it. Since he made the hole three days ago he'd been seeing a lot of Derek, generally when he was working out or fell asleep on the couch.

He watched intently as Derek grunted and huffed his way through an impressive amount of press ups, his arms bulging each time he lowered and raised his body. Stiles was utterly mesmerised, it made him a little self conscious of his own slender physique but the feeling of attraction overrode anything else.

Derek finished his last set then jumped to his feet, taking Stiles by surprise. He dropped to the floor to hide, wincing at the loud thump when he hit the wood. He heard footsteps approaching the wall.
"I didn't know you were a voyeur."
"I'm not! I was uh, spotting you! Yeah I was spotting!" His feeble attempt at defending himself was not accepted.
"You don't need a spotter for press ups." Derek countered.
"Whatever." Stiles mumbled and rolled away from the wall to lay on his rug, eyes closed.