Chapter Four

It had been two month since Karen had joined 10A and she had made many friends. Billie, Catherine, Freema, Jenna, Arthur, David, Peter, Chris and most special of all to her Matt Smith.

Karen was getting ready for school. She had her white short sleeved shirt, black and purple tie and her black knee length skirt on with black tights. All she had to do was her hair and put her grey blazer on which was on hanging on the golden door handle.

There was a knock on the door and Karen's mum opened it, a girl with shoulder length brunette hair reviled, uniform all neat and tidy apart from her black skirt was a lot shorter then it should've been.

"Hello Jenna." Karen's mum said smiling.

"Hey Mrs Gillan, is Karen ready yet?" Jenna asked.

"Erm, I'm not sure, one min I'll check." Mrs Gillan replied and Jenna nodded. "Karen!"

"Yes?" Karen said, brushing her long silky ginger hair. "Jesus I hate tats." She mumbled to herself.

"Jenna's here, are you ready yet?"

"Nearly! Send her up!"

"Just go up Jenna, I think she's just brushing her hair." Mrs Gillan opened the white plastic door further so Jenna could step in.

Jenna stepped in carefully, making sure she wouldn't trip over the bit of plastic sticking up. "Thanks." Jenna smiled, ditching her baby blue ruck sack at the bottom of the crew carpeted stairs and ran up them.

Jenna knocked on the white wooden door. "Come in!" A Scottish voice said. Jenna opened the door slowly and stepped inside.

"Need any help?" Jenna asked, slipping the grey blazer off the golden door handle.

"Nah, I should be alright." Karen replied, smiling at the mirror that showed the brunette girl in the background.

"Heard about Matt and Lily?"

"N-no, what happened?" She stuttered

"Long story, Matt told me over Facebook."

"I wish I had Facebook." Karen mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing, please tell me what happened, we don't have to be at school for another half hour." Karen faked a smile.

"You know what Miss Davison is like."

"Jenna just tell me!" Karen demanded.

"Alright, alright. Calm down!" Jenna sighed.

"I'm Scottish, I don't have to be calm all the time."

"Whatever." Jenna rolled her eyes. "Anyway..."

(A/N Jenna says what happens but it's told as in Matt's flashback)

"So you invite that ginger bastard to your house but you won't invite me?!" Lily shouted.

"She's not a 'ginger bastard' she's a really nice girl!" Matt shouted back.

"I hate her! Karen can go jump off a bridge for all I care! I'm your girlfriend not her!"

"You're never nice to anyone, are you?"

"Yes I fucking am!"

Matt laughed sarcastically. "Really? Name person that isn't Richard."

"You!"

"Yeah right! You're only using me to get fucked up!"

"No I'm not!" Lily shouted louder then before and Matt rolled his eyes.

"Whatever Lily, we're done." Matt walked away from Lily without another word, slight tears in his eyes before he realised something.

He realised he fancied Karen Gillan.

(Flashback over)

"That's - that's awful." Karen said, trying to sound sympathetic.

"She deserved it." Jenna laughed harshly.

"Argh! Fucking tats!" Karen said as she pulled the purple hairbrush out of hair.

"Are you sure you don't want any help?"

"Yes Jenna, I'm sure."

Karen had finished brushing her hair and put her hair into two low down plats that went over her shoulders.

"Thanks Jen." Karen said and took the grey blazer off Jenna and slipped it onto herself.

"Come on, time for hell." Jenna said jokingly.

"Hell's better then school." Karen laughed and picked up her black and white flowery ruck sack and shoved it onto her back.

The two girls walked out of the crimson red room and the red head closed the door behind them before walking down the creme carpeted stairs.

On the way out Jenna picked up her baby blue ruck sack and threw one steal over her right arm.

"Bye mum!" Karen shouted with a slight smile.

"Bye girls, enjoy school!" Karen's mum shouted back as she heard the front door close.

The red head and the brunette walked down the black slippery pavement covered in mostly white chewing gum and very rarely bird poo until they reached the stagecoach bus stop.

Jenna checked the times for the busses. "The 19 comes in ten minutes, do we have enough time?"

"Yeah." Karen nodded as she got her white iPhone 4 out of her pocket and started to play on Angry Birds: Star Wars and Jenna got out her black HTC One out and fiddled about on Instagram.

Ten minutes past, very slowly according to Karen. "The bus is late." Karen groaned checking the time on her phone as a dark blue, white and orange bus slowly pulled up.

"It's on time you idiot." Jenna rolled her eyes and the bus doors opened slowly.

Karen stepped on the bus first and placed a pound coin on the dip next to the driver. "Under sixteens single please." Karen smiled weakly and showed the driver her Pop card.

"Cheers love." The driver said as Karen's ticket printed out and replaced her pound coin for ten pence.

Karen ripped her ticket out of the machine, took the ten pence and shoved it in her blazer pocket. "Thanks." She looked up at the driver before walking to back seat and sitting down carefully.

Jenna stepped onto the bus and placed
Two pound and twenty pence exactly into the dip. "Under sixteens day saved please." Jenna said and showed the driver her Pop card.

"Cheers love." The driver repeated exactly as what he said to Karen before. He took the money and put it into a till, no change was given because Jenna gave the driver exactly what he needed.

"Thanks sir." Jenna said as she ripped the ticket out of the machine.

She ran to the back of the bus and sat next to the Scottish red head.

"How much time do we have before Miss Davison gives us a half hour detention for being late?" The Scottish girl asked.

"Erm about ten minutes." The brunette replied.