Chapter Three

It was almost four o'clock and Karen was getting ready in her baby blue room for Matt's. She wore a white t-shirt topped with a black hoody, black skinny jeans, black ankle length boots and her orange hair down, flowing past her shoulders. Karen picked up her black shiny shoulder bag and off she went

"Mum I'm going out!" Karen smiled.

"Okay sweetheart be back before ten!" A Scottish middle aged woman replied.

"Will be." Karen opened the white door with roses stained on the glass part of the door, stepped out into the beautiful flowery front garden and closed the door behind her.

Matt however was tidying his messy room, picking up old novels and shoving them on the white floating shelves. A book called Lord Of the Rings fell off and hit him on the head.

"Ow!" He groaned as he picked up the book and placed it back on the shelf.

The room was half tidy, he still needed to make his black wooden bed up by neatly putting the Liverpool bedcover on the duvet and the Liverpool pillow cases on the soft, white, fluffy pillows. He needed to open the blinds, but decided not to since he would be watching television with whom he called his best friend.

"Where did I put them DVDs?" He thought out loud and picked up five DVDs. The DVDs he went through were Shaun of the Dead, The Hobbit part three, Supernatural season one, Labyrinth and the last two were Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Sherlock The Abominable Bride, the two he was looking for.

"Have you done your maths homework?" A man's voice shouted up the stairs.

Matt sighed. "Yes dad!"

"Room done?"

"Nearly!"

"Good. I'll leave ya to it!" The man went back to watching his football on the Samsung T.V.

-

Matt's room was completely tidy, there was not a bit of mess on the floor. All he had to do now was wait for Karen and set the DVD player up.

What seemed forever to Matt was actually a few minutes and there was a faint knock on the door.

"One minute!" Matt shouted as he shoved a black Guns N' Roses top over his head.

"I'll get it!" Said a girl who was slightly older then Matt. The girl walked to the all black wooden door and opened it.

"Um, hello, is- is Matt in?" The Scottish girl said nervously.

"Oh you must be Karen, Matt's been talking about you all afternoon!" The brunette smiled sweetly. "Come in, he's upstairs in his room, feel free to go up." She stepped out of the way of the door so Karen could get in.

Karen nodded and stepped in carefully. "Thanks er-"

"Laura." Laura smiled sweetly once more.

"Thanks Laura." Karen smiled back just as sweet before running up the carpeted stairs.

"Unless you've got food you can bugger off!" The boy spoke.

"I have food." Karen grinned and stood in the doorway.

Matt heard her lovely Scottish accent and looked up, smiling like a five year old. "What type of food?"

"Wait and see." She smirked and walked into his room. "I didn't expect your room to be tidy."

"Hey! My room is always tidy...most of the time." He said the last part with a mumble. "You can sit down on my bed you know." He said and gestured to the bed.

Karen nodded and sat on the comfy bed, covered in Liverpool bed covers. "Liverpool fan?"

"Used to be, I'm not really one anymore."

"Oh, when's the film starting?"

"Which do you want to watch first?" Matt asked, showing her the two DVD boxes.

"That one." She replied and pointed to the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire DVD.

Matt got the disc out of the box and pressed a button on the Sony DVD player which made a slot open. He placed the DVD in the slot and pressed the button again and the DVD slot closed. There was a noise as the DVD loaded and up popped a message on the screen saying 'WARNING this DVD is not for resale, if it is caught being resold you will be fined!'

"Oh I hate these things!" Matt groaned, pressing the wind forward button on the small black remote. "You can never bloody forward them!"

"It only lasts a few seconds." The message went and an advert for Universal Studios came on. "See, gone. You can forward it now." Karen smiled.

Matt kept pressing the forward button until the menu came on. He pressed the play button and the film started. He sat on the bed, back against the dark blue wall. Karen without realising snuggled into Matt's chest, hand on the part of the chest that her head wasn't covering. Matt put his arm around Karen and placed a kiss in her soft ginger hair. Karen smiled and blushed when she felt his soft lips in her hair, she knew he had a girlfriend but she didn't really care, she loved Matt and wanted him to love her back.

"Have you ever thought that Barty Crouch Jr looks like an older version of David?" Karen asked.

"No, but now that you mention it they do look alike." Matt replied with a laugh.

-

It was the end of the film and the credits came on. Laura walked into Matt's room and found Karen fast asleep in Matt's arms.

"Can she stay? Please?" Matt asked with a slight smile.

"Lily will kill you if she finds out."

"I don't care." He shrugged. "Please."

Laura gave in and sighed. "Fine, she can stay."

"Really?" Matt smiled brightly and Laura nodded. "Yay! Thank you!"

"Just don't push your luck." Laura said as she walked out the room and back down the carpeted stairs.

Matt placed another kiss in Karen's soft ginger hair and rubbed her back soothingly.

He switched the television off with a click of a button on the remote. He pulled the soft, warm duvet over the two of them and closed his eyes.