My Good Time Casanova

Start from the beginning

Oh, you better run for your life

_________________________________________________________________________________

I sit down at my desk, pulling out my binders, books, and pencil case.  Laughter spills  into the room as groups of friends try to fit through the doorway at the same time.  The groups sit down into desks, the chairs scraping across the floor.

I smile as a my best friend, Shelly, comes through the door.  Her straight hair swinging behind her in a simple ponytail, her hips swaying back and forth as she walks toward me.  Like everyone else, we're in uniform, but somehow Shelly is able to make her uniform look sexy.

"How's it going Grace?" she asks me, slipping into the desk beside me, splaying her books all across its surface.

"Good, if you call my Dad being fired good." I sigh, looking down at my pencil and paper set in front of me, my homework problems worked out on the sheet.

Shelly laughs and pokes me with her finger.  I look over at her, into her deep chocolate brown eyes. 

"Oh, come on.  He's not fired yet! Don't get your head down.  Besides, I hear there's a new guy at school." She winks at me, her rose petal lips pulling up to show her straight teeth.

"Fine.  I'll see him." I give in, knowing that if I didn't agree to check this guy out, she would bug me about it the rest of my life.

"Bingo!" She pumps her arm into the air, the girls around us roll their eyes and go back to their conversations.

This odd behavior was one of the many reasons that my friend was not popular.  No matter how pretty she is, she hangs out with me, and is just weird.  So, our social standard is about just below popular.  You know, the social standard where everyone knows you, but you aren't really out there.

"Time for class!" Our Algebra teacher calls out over everyone, clapping her hands to get our attention.

***

"There, right there!" Shelly points to a guy at a table in the corner.  Holding onto my lunch box, we push through the crowds of people in the lunch room, making our way towards the corner.

Finally getting there, Shelly allows me to slide in next to the new boy.  I do so, and he looks up at me.  I drink him in, his tanned complexion, the golden brown eyes, his dark brown hair swished to the side.

"Hey," he says, looking from me beside him, to Shelly who is in front of him.  I notice his eyes linger on Shelly and mentally cuss.

Why does every boy have to like Shelly?  Why can I not be pretty? I almost slap myself on the forehead, but restrain myself forcing myself to say hello.

I put out my hand, and plaster a smile on my face.  "The name's Grace.  And this is my friend Shelly." I gesture to Shelly and she smiles.

The boy grasps my hand in a firm grip, so I grip back firmly too.  I see him notice, and he smiles back at me, one of those smirks that tells you that he knows what you're thinking.

Just as the boy is about to tell us his name, Josh comes up.  "Hey man. What are you doing hanging out with these loosers.  Come sit with us!" Shelly rolls her eyes and grabs her lunch, pushing Josh out of her way.  I slip away with her too, glancing behind me to see the boy standing up and moving over to sit with Josh.

Josh is one of those kids who thinks he owns the world and can do whatever he wants.  To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if he was on drugs.  He probably is on drugs.

"Come on Grace, he was a no gooder." Shelly says, walking quickly to our normal table where all of our other friends sit.  The girl there whistle as we sit down, asking questions about the new guy.

I couldn't pay attention.  There was something about that guy that enraptured me, and pulled me towards him.  I shake my head, knowing that this guy would not be interested in me and he, as Shelly puts it, a no gooder.

***

Hey guys! How are you! So, I was just letting you know that I was inspired to write this from the song, and I hope you loved the first prologue.  Let me know what you think, and just tell me if you think it's good or not.  First off, to let you know, this is NOT going on watty awards unless I am going to be able to complete it in time(which I doubt), so if I do finish it in time, let me know if you think it's wattpad worthy.  Love you guys!  :)

-Gabby Rener