"Yeah. With you an your dad and brothers." He says. I bite my lip as I show Kason and Hunter the guest room with two twin beds in it. Across the hall is a guest room with one big bed, but I figured they'd want separate beds. Kason runs and jumps onto one of the beds and lays back, pulling a Nintendo game device out of his pocket and playing a noisy game.

"Yeah. I'm so happy! I can't wait."

"Neither can I. But that's not our first date." He replies and I blush fiercely. Hunter raises his brows but I just turn around an head into my room, closing the door.

"And when will that be?" I ask him.

"As soon as I ask you. Which will not be on the phone." He tells me and I pout. "It'll be in two minutes. I'm on your doorstep." He says and my eyes widen. I dash out of my room and down the stairs, opening the door and smiling as I see John Luke in loose fitting dark denim jeans, a brown Real Tree shirt and georgia boots. His brown hair is sweeped over his forehead and his brown eyes shine as bright as his perfectly white smile. His tan skin is glowing an his phone is pressed against his ear. My grin stretches across my face and I throw my arms around him.

"Why did you come?" I ask him.

"I had to ask you out." He pulls away. "There's a carnival tomorrow and I was wonderin if, you maybe, wanted to go with me?" He asks, his cheeks lightning up. I smile and laugh.

"Yeah. I would love to. Let me ask my dad." I reply. He shakes his head with a smile.

"Your definitely a daddy's girl." He mutters and I smirk.

"Always." I say and skip to the living room. JL follows and I sit down beside dad. "Hey daddy."

"What so you want?" He asks me, turning the tv off with the remote and facing me. I give him an apalled look. JL intercepts before I can say anything.

"Hello, sir." He says, holding his hand out. Dad stands and shakes it firmly. John Luke does the same.

"John Luke." He greets. JL smiles. "What's this about?" Dad asks.

"Well, sir. I came to ask your daughter out but we would like permission from you first." John Luke replies. Dad raises his eyebrows.

"When?"

"Tomorrow at five thirty."

"Where?"

"At a carnival beside the high school."

"With who?"

"Well, sir. Cole, Sadie, Reed and Daisy are going as friends. But Kay and I will be on our own sort of." JL says, truthfully. Dad places one hand on his hip and the other on his jaw as he asses the situation.

"Well, you'll take care of her won't ya?" Dad asks and John Luke sends a smile to me. I blush and he turns back to my dad.

"Yes sir. I will." He says. Dad sighs, sittin down.

"How about we have a chat?" He asks and I groan.

"Dad!"

"What? I have to make sure I don't need to load up my gun!" He exclaims and my eyes widen, realizing he's being too redneck. But then I remember its John Luke, who 1. Knows I'm a redneck. 2. Doesn't care since he's still with me. And 3. Is a redneck himself.

"It's okay, Kay." JL says and I sigh.

"Please don't take too long, Dad. I actually want to chat with John Luke before he heads home." I say.

"Your going to talk with him outside right? On the porch? Not your room?"

"Sure dad." I mutter before walking up the stairs and into Hunter and Kasons new room. Hunter begins tellin me what I missed at Moms place and I tell them what's been happening here. Except the Katerine thing.

"So, you and John Luke Robertson. Wow. I can't believe y'all live next to Phil and Miss Kay." Hunter says and I blush about the JL.

"Kay!" Dad shouts. "Talks over!" Biting my lip, I walk down the steps and face my dad and boyfriend. Dad smiles and places a hand on John Luke's shoulder. "Well, you got yourself a good one, didnt ya?"

"Yeah I guess." I shrug and John Luke glares playfully. I laugh. "Yes he's pretty awesome."

"But," Dad turns to John Luke and speaks in a gravely voice. "I don't mind goin BACK to prison." Ugh! He's never been to prison. He just says that to scare. John Luke looks a little scared.

"Yes sir. You won't need to. Well, not because of me anyway." John Luke jokes and my dad cracks a smile, patting Jls back.

"Alright. Go talk." Dad says and pushes John Luke forward a bit. I take his hand and Dad says sternly, "on the porch." I roll my eyes but drag my boyfriend out the door. I lead him to the porch swim and we take our seats.

"So, how'd it go?" I ask him, shutting the blinds so my dad doesn't snoop. John Luke smiles.

"It went good. He just asked what my plans were and what I wanted."

"And you replied how?"

"My plans are to keep you safe and show you support and kindness and eventually love. To be a gentleman with you. To do what you ask." He says and I blush. Geez what's with me blushing all the time. "I told him that I wanted a relationship with you, I wanted to respect you. And I told him I respect him in any decision he makes. I told him its my goal, just as it is his, to keep you safe and loved. I said eventually if he and you will let me, I'll ask for your hand in marriage." He says and I kiss him before he can say anything else. It's short and sweet because I know my dad has that sense and he will stop us if it lasted longer. He smiles at me.

"Thank you." I tell him and he raises his brows.

"For what?" He asks.

"Being here. Being nice. Everything. Really." I say and he pecks my lips, placing his arm behind my shoulders.

"Your welcome, baby." I giggle before something occurs to me. "How wil lthis weekend go? If my dad agrees to me staying at Phil and Kay's with y'all?"

"Well, Friday we will all spend the night. Then, dad, Jase and Si will wake us up around five to go up to the hunting grounds. Mom would get Sadie around seven to get her ready for her pageant. Your dad would probably drive with Jase and your brothers. Cole and me wil ride with Dad and Si. You could ride with either of us. We will get back around one or so and have dinner. Lunch will be packed for the trip. You and your dad could come to Kay and Phil's again too. Cuz that's what we all do. And Miss Kay wouldn't mind. Neither would Phil. He probably won't talk to you much anyway. He's not a talker unless its a speech."

"Okay. Wow. I'll ask my dad once you leave though. After he has had dinner, his favorite. And after a few beers." I joke and John Luke laughs. "Okay maybe in serious."