Chapter 1

HANNAH'S P.O.V

It's about time until the holiday's over.

I swept my eyes to whatever the fall weather left us. The tree leaves were still falling off to this small park in front of my classroom, making it orange and red wherever you throw your sight to. It was a nice calming morning. I wish for more holidays, but I guess no it wouldn't happen.

Simone and I were peacefully taking bunch of selfies as a fresh start of new semester, until some very low toned guys voices was filled up the room. We started to see this line of strange people with their cool bags and shoes walked by and took seats behind us. Well, let me brief you something. My school was a private school where they stressed the importance of number of students in one class, to make the studying process work to its maximum and effective point. So yes the maximum number of friends that I always had in class was only 15. Now, these mommy boys fit our room to almost 25? Heck.

"Good morning!" My math professor walked in. "How was holiday? Ready to start?"

"Kind of." Simone was scanning the room.

"Okay! Let me introduce you to our online school students! They are the ones who have been doing distance learning with the same curriculum as the rest of you in this room. However, as a part of graduation, they need to hold a two-week class."

"Two weeks?" Simone whispered to me. "Too long. Too many people."

I just sighed. Simone's right. This room was made for no more than 20 students. To have almost 25 in the same time was likely a joke. We barely could breathe. Maybe I should stop bragging about room capacity but most importantly, these boys made us feel insecure already in our very own cave.

"Alright! I see no problem, we shall now start the class." Professor exclaimed.

"Gonna be tough two weeks." Simone whispered.

"Couldn't agree more."

"They're too bright. Almost likely untouchable."

I choked and laughed at the same time. "What do you mean by untouchable? You...have a plan?"

"No! Never. Eww." She scanned the room one last time with uncomfortable look. "Never mind."

I dropped it off. We better try to focus this semester because last semester before graduation. Well, I heard about this distance learning that we can do, or likely online school, which requires us to hold a class before the end of last semester, as well as the final exam itself. I just didn't see it coming that school would choose my class this year.

"Put your paper on this side of table and please take a break. I'll see you on Thursday! Good morning."

"Morning." We all said in unison.

I walked to his table and put my pre-test paper on its stack, while Simone suddenly screamed. Her voice was so loud, almost made me jump.

"Oooowwwww!"

"Whoa what happened?" Our classmates checked on Simone.

"Use your eyes!" I heard Simone yelled at somebody.

"Hannah? I think Simone needs you." Another friend of mine tapped me on the shoulder.

"Right. Thanks." I sighed, quickly pulled her hand out of the spotlight. "Girl, that's okay. Leave it alone."

"He poured his coffee on me!" She still yelled, now to me, because the crowd has gone.

"Okay. No need to yell. Let's change. I'll take you to the bathroom." I rolled my eyes.

"I hate that guy."

"For later discussion."

"No I'm just saying I hate that guy."

"Alright. Shush. Get your locker key and hurry up."

Simone dragged me to the locker room. We walked by around five guys at the corridor. One thing about me, I have terrible short term memory, which at most of the time really makes it hard for me to memorize people's faces or names. But I was pretty sure they're our new classmates. However, Simone is Simone. She was already that upset to have this embarrassing moment, that she didn't let me stand an inch away from her til she finished changing.

"Favorite shirt." I smiled.

"Yeah. I just brought this morning. Gladly I did."

"Wonderful. Can now we eat?"

"No, I'm lazy. You just go. I'll go back to the class and wait for you there."

"Really? You never ditch lunch time."

"I'm not gonna walk to that corridor only to meet them again, so no, I'd rather stay."

"Okay then."

I shook my head. Simone could be that hard. If she hates something, she'll hate it forever. I didn't even know what's exacly happened to her and this guy she said she hated so much. Coffee stain on her shirt and that's all. I had no idea who bumped into her and unintendedly poured hot coffee to all over her body. These guys seemed nice to me. It needs time to blend up but they looked okay.

"Tell your friend I'm sorry."

A low voice came across my ears while I was waiting in the cafe's lane.

"Is that you?"

"Yeah. I didn't mean to."

"Of course. I'm sorry about Simone too."

I nodded. Only nodding my head all the time for no reason. Mostly because I was nervous. This guy was really tall. Athletic feature. Great smile. Cool hat.

"Hi I'm Toby."

"Hannah."

So, his name is Toby. Oh wait. Is he that Toby?