I laugh. "You're more like a cockroach. You can survive anything. Yet you keep coming back to annoy."

He put a folder on the table. "You need to read this over breakfast and when you get to the office. I need you to be caught up on this before the meeting at two."

I nod. "I'll read it. See you in the office, Landon."

Landon opens the window and I watch him climb down the drain pipe from the second floor. He waves at me before jumping in his car and speeding away.

I get ready for work.

Once I'm changed I put my handbag on my shoulder and put the folder under my arm. I exit the bedroom and make my way to the kitchen.

In the kitchen there's a plate of pancakes on the table. I place two on my plate and I put jam on it.

I pour myself glass of milk and eat my breakfast.

After breakfast I run upstairs and brush my teeth.

Grandmother yells. "The cars here."

"I'll be right down." I exit the bathroom and head to the kitchen to pick up my bag and the folder.

I exit the house with Grandmother.

She looks at the house and she sees something hanging on the drain pipe.

That's Landon's jacket.

Grandmother walks over to the jacket and she pulls it off the pipe. "Whose jacket is this?"

I shrug.

She looks at the tag and laughs. "So, my Grandson was the one that came here this morning. Did he visit you?"

I nod. "He wanted to give me the folder for the meeting this afternoon."

She folds up the jacket and looks at the house. "He decided to slip out your window without saying 'hello' to his Grandparents." She crosses her arms. "That was rude of him. Did you see a rat?"

I laugh. "Your Grandson was the rat I saw in my room. He was sitting on the bed after I got out of the shower. He scared the shit out of me." I cover my mouth with my hand. "Sorry, Grandmother."

She laughs. "I'm used to the foul language. Nolan my other Grandson is a fan of using other words than that."

I shake my head. "How is, Nolan? I haven't seen him in two years."

I climb into the limo and slide across the seat. I put my seatbelt on.

Grandmother climbs into the car and buckles her seatbelt. "Nolan's been hanging around a bad crowd lately. He's been in and out rehab for a year now." She looks at me. "Maybe, you can knock some sense into that kid."

I laugh. "Maybe, I should. I'll get Landon to organise something with him."

The limo pulls out of the driveway and takes us to Parker Inc. On the way to work I see a red sports car speed us.

The driver slams the brake. I'm jerked forward for a second before the seatbelt locks. Then I pushed against the seat. I hit my head on the window.

I see spots in front of me. I close my eyes for a second. When I open them again everything is clear.

My stomach hurts a bit from the seatbelt. But, I'm not going to complain about it.

Grandmother looks at me. "Mikayla?"

I look at her. "I'm good."

The driver pulls the window down. "Do I need to drive you two to the hospital?"