Part 10

{Adrianna’s POV}

Terror coursed through her body.  She didn’t know what to expect from her Uncle.  He had always acted kind and trusting.  The whole time he was embezzling her inheritance.  He had a death grip on her neck but she somehow was able to slip her phone into her pocket.  She wanted a way to possible call the police if she ever got the chance.

“Uncle Mike, please can’t we just talk about this? At least loosen up so I can breathe properly.” She attempted.

“I’m in charge here you little brat.  Now, first thing is the safe.  Let’s go.” He roughly dragged her towards the staircase.  She struggled against him.

“Let me go!” He spun her around and slapped her across the face hard enough to get a cry of pain out of her.  He grabbed her by the hair and shoved her up the stairs.

“Quit fighting me and everything will go much easier, ya know.” They came to her parents’ old bedroom and when they entered it he flung her so hard towards the painting that hid the wall safe, she actually hit the wall and slid down to a puddle on the floor.  She was seeing stars at this point and super pissed.

The stars cleared and she waited in her crouched position for him to come after her.  When he got close enough she launched at him. Catching him in the middle she let out a scream as she pushed with all her might but it was like moving a mountain.

Mike laughed as he shoved her back and this time she was punched in her jaw.  He regained his grasp in her hair and when she would have fallen he pulled her over to the safe.  With a swipe of his arm he flung the painting to the ground.  He lifted her up so her face was inches away from the key pad.

“Enter the code, Adrianna.” He roared at her.

She had little fight in her now, so she obeyed.  She entered the code, after it beeped and opened, Mike tossed her like a rag doll to the floor.  She moaned in pain but he didn’t care.  He was busy pulling all the documents out.

“Where’s it at Adrianna? Where are the papers? Tell me!” He yelled at her.

“I don’t know, what papers? Our attorney has most of the important papers Mike, you know that.”

Mike flew into a rage and attacked her.  He kicked her twice in the ribs before smashing his fist into her jaw and everything went black.

{Josh’s POV}

Josh flew to a halt in front of the gates and launched himself over them somehow.  He raced up the long ass driveway and had to halt at the door.  He knew that Mike was taking Adrianna upstairs and Josh was terrified for her.

Silently he opened the front door and crept inside. He heard Mike say

”Quit fighting me and everything will go much easier, ya know.” He silently agreed and wished she would stop fighting.  She had no way of known he was coming for her though and he knew she was too strong willed to give in.

Josh hit the emergency button on Adrianna’s home security alarm, summoning the police.  He hoped they hurried the hell up.

Josh tucked the cellphone into his pocket since now he could hear what was going on.  He pulled his gun out of his waistband and snuck up the stairs.

Next thing he heard was Mike roaring and Josh opened the door.  Mike was kicking Adrianna in the ribs one last time and then hammered her in the jaw twice.  Josh saw red and pulled the trigger.

One clean shot to the man’s head and he was done for, his body slumping to the ground next to Adrianna.

Josh rushed over and heaved the dead man’s body aside pulling her into his arms.  His hands pulled her face up to him.  Already bruises and swelling had started and she was still unconscious.  He checked and found her breathing. 

In the distance he heard sirens but Josh realized the gates were blocked.  He picked her up and tried to be careful but he had to get her to help.

She barely weighed anything at all he noticed as he flew out the front entrance of the house and ran as fast as he could down the driveway.

“Over here! Use my truck to open the gates damn you!” He yelled.  She was too still and it scared the shit out of him.

One of the firefighters saw them and did as Josh said. A loud crash sounded when metal hit metal yet still Adrianna never stirred.

Josh ran over and set her gently down on the grass.  He heard someone radio for an ambulance.

“Adrianna! Baby, open your eyes.  Open your fucking eyes! Stay with me.” His body was shaking as he brushed her hair out of her beautiful face.  He almost punched the firefighter that tried to get between them but the man said.

“Sir, we are here to help.  Let us help her.”

Josh moved back far enough for them to move in but that was it.  He held her hand as they took her vitals and put some oxygen on her.

“Her pulse is steady. Try to calm down, son.” Said an older firefighter who placed his hand on Josh’s shoulder.

“Can you tell us what happened?”

“Her uncle tried to kill her.  I killed him.  He is still in the house in one of the upstairs bedrooms.”

The ambulance came screaming up the road and two EMT’s filed out rushing over.  Josh stood up and turned around when he felt another hand on his arm.

“You are gonna need to come with us until we get everything figured out.” This time it was a cop.

“No! I’m telling the truth! I need to go with her! Please, I used to be with the Seattle PD.” Josh gave his name and Gianni’s name so he could check it all out.  Cops were now swarming all over, in and out of the house.  When the cop attempted to lead him away, Josh clocked the poor thing. Unfortunately, that only got him arrested.

He got to watch them load Adrianna into the ambulance from the back of a squad car.