Chapter 9

Bigby leaves the cab he had taken and looks at the bright signs for the Pudding and Pie club. A woman, Vivian, in a purple dress and short blonde hair walked around from the ally next to the club and was surprised to see Bigby.

   "Oh! Sheriff. What a nice surprise. I'm not sure I've seen you here before." She says to him. "You're always welcome of course."

   "I'm looking for someone," Bigby tells her. 

   "Finding you someone is our specialty, but the club's closed."

   "Not quite what I meant."

   "That's too bad. I guess you'd better talk to Georgie." Vivian suggests. "You're in luck, he's here. Come on."

    Vivian reaches for her keys and unlocks the front door. She is about to let herself and Bigby in, but she turns back to him before she does so.

   "I should warn you that Georgie does not like to be bothered when he's working," Vivian explains. 

   "It'll be fine. I have a way with people." He tells her. 

   "So I've heard."

   Vivian opens the door and gestures for Bigby to head in first. She closes and locks the front door when they head inside.

   "Welcome to the Pudding and Pie," Vivian says as she leads Bigby down a hallway. "Where we cater to the diverse tastes of the Fable community."

   "Listen, you could be in danger," Bigby warns her.

   "Oh sweetie, we're all in danger." She says not taking his warning seriously. 

   Bigby could hear music playing and it was getting louder the closer he got to the doorway. The place wasn't very impressive it had a bar, some signs around the walls, and one small stage with some chairs surrounding it. Georgie was sitting in one of the chairs watching one of the girls, Nerissa, dance on the pole in just her high heels and underwear. He held the boombox next to him on the armrest of the chair. Georgie isn't someone you'd want to be around, ever really. He had a shitty attitude. He was covered in tattoos and wore all black.

   "The fuck are you doin'?" Georgie yells. "You look like you're trying to take a shit!" 

   "Nice guy seems like a real prince." Bigby joked to Vivian.

   "You do have a sense of humor. That's good." She says then turns away. "Good luck." And with that, she walked away.

   "It's your face. SMILE! You never smile!" He yelled at Nerissa. Bigby walked over to Georgie and crossed his arms.

   "Oh, it's you. We're closed." He told him focusing on Nerissa who had then stopped dancing. "Keep dancing you! I didn't say stop!" She didn't continue dancing and kept looking over at Bigby anxiously. "For fucks sake!" He turned off the music and told the girl to stay on the stage. He put the music box down and sat up finally looking at Bigby.

   "What do you want then? Come here for a little taste? Tell you what come back after midnight and I'll hook you up. Or knowing you, she's probably not quite your style. You'd prefer someone who can take a bit of a beating." He smiled.

   "I'm not here for that," Bigby told him starting to get mad.

   "Oh, I'm not here for that." He said mockingly. Bigby walked up to him warningly. "Alright, Sheriff I'm just fuckin' with you." He chuckled. "Look I know why you're here."

   "Who told you?" Bigby asked.

   "Listen Sheriff around here we can't afford to wait for you and you're swanky pals to take an interest. We look out for each other. When shit happens I hear about it, especially if it concerns my livelihood."