0.3

There he stood, in front of the mirror, hands combing through his blonde locks, carefully adjusting his collar. Luke hardly ever dressed up, but when he did, something special was happening.

He was taking Charity out on a date.

He had built up the courage and asked her out because "Perhaps she couldn't see it because you didn't give her a hint clear enough, just ask her out." - or so his mother told him.

And so Luke did. He cringed slightly at the memory of him asking her out, needless to say, it was extremely embarrassing.

"Hey Charity, can I ask you something?" - Luke asked during one of their studying sessions, nervousness pilling up inside his stomach.

"Shoot"- she answered nonchalantly, eyes still glued onto the Chemistry worksheet.

"Do you want you, you know,.. er.. go get some coffee together?" - he stammered out, his voice high pitched and squeaky.

"What do you mean, Luke? We always go out for coffee together.." - he cut her off - "As in a date, I mean..."

"Oh,.." - that sentence caught her off guard, her attention was now focused on him, before she could even say anything, he quickly interrupted - "I mean, you don't have to , I totally understand if you don't want to- "

"I'd love to, Luke." - she gave him a small smile, hands touching his slightly.

His breath hitched in his throat at the sudden interaction of their skin, butterflies flutter in his stomach, cheeks unconsciously heated up.

"So, when's the date, Mr. Hemmings?"

"This Sunday, somewhere around 9 am, are you okay with that?" - Luke responded, no longer feeling as anxious.

"I'm totally okay with that." - she hummed just as the school bell rang - "So I guess, I'll see you on Sunday?"

"Yeah, I'll pick you up."

She nodded, a grin playing at her lips, mouthing a small "goodbye" as she turned around, getting out of the library, occasionally glanced over her shoulder to catch a glimpse of him. Luke felt his insides bursting out with happiness, wearing a beam on his face, he whispered to himself - "I did it, I asked out!"

Alright, flashback time done, back to reality.

Jogging downstairs, he was finally content with his looks, he ran into to kitchen where his mom was at - "Mom, how do I look?"- he asked, hands gesturing to his outfit which he spent hours putting together.

"Why are you dressing up today? Going somewhere?" - Luke's brother, Jack, commented, arching an eyebrow at his younger brother's attire.

"You look great honey, I'm sure she'll love it." - his mom answered, planting a small kiss on his cheek.

"She? Who's she? Are you going out on a date? Is she the pretty girl who came over for dinner last week? Char..chari-"

"Charity, yes, I'm taking her out." - Luke cut him off, his cheeks became warm at the mention of her name.

"Oh wow, my baby brother's grown up! I'm so happy." - Jack said with mock cheerfulness, even though he is genuinely happy that his brother finally had the courage to ask someone out.

Rolling his eyes, Luke grabbed his leather jacket and quickly slipping it on, fingers ran through his hair for the umpteenth time. He bid both of them a goodbye before getting out of the house, starting the car and drove to hers.