I looked at it again. Nate's hands were on my waist, and I was wearing his jacket. We looked very comfortable with each other, at peace. No one would've guessed that those two people had had an explosion of a fight just a few hours ago. "That's Nate." I said.

"And how long have you been...having a relationship with him?" Dad asked shortly.

Rolling my eyes, I exclaimed, "Why does everyone ask that?! Nate and I are not in a relationship - at least not the type you're implying. He's the singer and bass player in the band. And that is it."

Just then, my phone rang. Thankful for the interruption, I answered it quickly, ignoring Dad's face. "Hello?"

"Lyra," A familiar voice said. "I wonder if you'd mind popping up to my office for a chat?"

"Elliot," I said. "Can't it wait? I'm kind of busy right now."

I heard him sigh. "I'm afraid its quite urgent. Please."

Rolling my eyes, I said, "Fine. I'll be there in half an hour." Before clicking the red button. Then I turned to Dad. "Sorry but I have to go out. Feel free to leave."

"Where are you going?" He asked.

Gritting my teeth, "Our record manager wants a chat, apparently. Judging by the suitcase, you're staying?"

"Yes." He said, with no explanation.

Trying my best not to snap, I said, "That will be lovely. I shall see you soon." And then I slammed out of the apartment, full of rage and anger.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

David wasn't working at Aware Records, as I knew. He'd had the day off and had ended up spending it watching Nate and I claw at each other and then been kicked out of my apartment. The absence of his friendly face filled me with guilt. I wasn't being fair to him.

The lipstick woman at the desk smiled at me, so I took that as I sign that I didn't need to announce that I was here anymore. I managed to find Elliot's office easily, and knocked once on the door before barging in.

"Can you please make this quick? Only my Dad's just unexpectedly arrived at my place and-" I caught sight of Nate sat on one of the chairs. "What the hell is he doing here?" I said in a low voice.

 "Get over yourself, Lyra," He snapped.

 Elliot's voice cut between us. "Now, I see what the problem is."

"Excuse me?" I said, still glaring at Nate.

"Well, I received word that things were a little rocky between two certain members of my new band. Clearly, 'rocky' was an understatement." Elliot said smoothly. "Take a seat, Lyra."

"I'd rather not."

"Take a seat." He reiterated.

I took a seat, edging it away from Nate who snorted. "So you're going to warn us to behave?" Nate said, rolling his eyes.

"No," Elliot said. "I am going to find out what the problem is and attempt to fix it."

"The problem is-" I started, but Nate cut across me.

"She thinks that she doesn't need anyone!" He blurted, throwing his hands above his head.

"What?" I snapped. "Don't be ridiculous."

"Shut up." He told me, turning to Elliot. "She refuses to let anyone in, doesn't accept criticism well and thinks that-"

"Don't tell me to shut up," I interrupted. "I'll have you know, I do let people in. Freddie is my best friends, we share everything. Chris and I talk all the time, even about personal stuff. I've never been as close with anyone as I am with David. I just don't let you in."