7. Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Picture of Lyra over there -------------------------------------------->

_______________________________________________________________

The next morning, I realised that Freddie had never given me a specific time to be at the studio. Come to think of it, I didn't even know where the studio they used was. I didn't even know which studio they used. How was I supposed to meet them?

Feeling like some kind of crazed Kick the Crown fangirl, I booted up my ancient laptop and waited for Google to fully load up. While I was waiting, I skipped into the bedroom and opened the wardrobe. What should I wear to make an impression on the band? Now I really did sound like a fangirl. I pulled out my well-worn Freddie Mercury shirt and tucked it into a dark purple skater skirt. After scrunching my hair a bit to make it look a bit more wavy, I went back into the living room. 

Placing the laptop onto my lap and sinking into the sofa, I Googled the band. Clicking on one of the scary band sites, I then clicked the 'Locations' sub-heading. A list of previous home addresses of the boys were there (which scared me) as was a list of every studio they had ever used. I noted the street of the one with 'CURRENT' typed next to it in red. I jotted the address on the back of my hand.

I clicked back onto the front page of the website, and saw a photo of my face was dominating the screen. It was a photo from ages ago, when I had gone to have a model-type photo shoot done with a bunch of girl mates. We all had to pose in a particular room of a make-shift house, and I got dumped with the bathroom. At first I had been disappointed because it wasn't very exciting, but in the end I liked the shot of myself looking away from the camera, like I was laughing, sat in the bathtub. I liked the photo, but didn't get why it was there until I scrolled down. 

Lyra Watson, The heading underneath the photo screamed. 

I read on, frowning as I went:

We all knew that KTC was looking for another singer, right? Well, say hello to the newest member of our favourite band. This is Lyra Watson, and our sources at Kick the Crown HQ tell us that she has recently been given that coveted position. I know what you're all thinking - When did they decide they wanted a girl?! This is not good.

Apparently she's good: As in, really good :But still - she is far too pretty to be allowed to work closely with the boys. I can totally see her breaking all of their hearts. Something we all need to stop. So, I suggest we see what she's like at one of their gigs. And then we decide whether to eliminate her or not, right?

I gulped. Eliminate her? These people were utterly crazy. I would never be able to walk down an empty street without feeling paranoid now. But at least they think I'm pretty.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was like torture again. I had decided that since I hadn't been given a time, I would show up at two o' clock in the afternoon. It seemed an OK time - not too early, not too late. And then I would explain when I got there that Freddie hadn't told me a time to arrive. 

I just hoped I wouldn't be so early that they wouldn't be there when I arrived, and I would be stood waiting for ages. And I hoped I wouldn't be so late that they had already packed up and left by the time I got there. 

Waiting in my flat was like torture. I wandered about, even used the vacuum from the cupboard to vacuum the carpets and sofa. Then I made my self some cheese on toast and chewed each bite thirty times. I was trying to get into the rock and roll way of life, but all I seemed to be doing so far was waiting around. This felt neither rock nor roll. In any way. And it was killing me.