Memories...

Chapter 2

--Still in flashback--

At first he looks at me with confusion and then focuses to where I'm looking.

He gasps and pulls his sleeve down.

My best friend... The only person who gives a fuck about me and the only person who I care about....

Hurt himself

He looks as me sadly.

I'm still siting there with my mouth open in shock. 'Its not real. It's just a prank' I tell myself over and over again.

He looks at me. Sadness, Embarrassment, and Shame all form in his cloudy eyes at once.

I begin to let tears out of my eyes. He looks even more hurt now."Please don't cry, Jade... I hate it when you cry." I just sit there. An emotionless expression on my face. "Why?" I finally choke out. He has a solemn expression on his face.

"My parents... T-they hit me more today. It was worse... My dad screamed at me to buy him some beer. I told him I was too young. And he snapped.... He almost k-killed me this time."

He lifted up his shirt to show many tiny and medium sized cuts that look from a few hours ago.

"He threw glass at me and punched me a lot more.... It hurt a fucking lot, Jade.." He whimpers.

We're on the ground now and I'm just looking at him. "Please don't leave me." He pleads, looking down.

I look at him with wide eyes. "W-what did you just say?" I ask him in disbelief.

"I'm a freak... You probably don't want anything to do with me now.."

I grow a little angry that he was beating himself up.

"Tyler, you are NOT a freak! You are my best friend and I will never leave you!"

I'm crying into his chest now.

He looks stunned for a moment and then hugs me hesitantly. "Listen.. I know you mean well, but I really can't believe you. I've been told that I was worthless and undesirable for so many years. I'm sorry." He stops talking and my breath hitches.

After a long enough silence just sitting there in his arms I decide to speak.

"What will it take to prove to you that your none of those things?" I ask him, wanting him to know he's really cared about.

"There's nothing you could do. I'm just gonna accept the fact that nobody likes me and never wil-"

I cut him off by leaning up and pressing my lips against his. He's shocked for a second but soon he gives in. I feel even more daring and lick his lip with my tongue and he smirks into the kiss.

After a few seconds, he pulls away.

"God, do you know how long I've wanted to do that?" He asks, chest heaving. I look up at him with surprise but I soon just smile up at him.

"I thought I liked you when we were little Jade..." He starts. And I feel my heart sink a little, because of how he's wording it, it makes me feel like he doesn't have any feelings for me anymore. "And now I know... I love you."

My eyes almost pop out of my head.

"I-I love you too." I say, smiling like a complete loon. His smile grows even wider and he crashes his lips into mine once more.

That was my first kiss.. And I'm glad it was from Tyler. I loved him more than anything. We were gonna start dating. But when Tyler Introduced me to his parents... It was like all hell broke loose. Tyler was beaten to a severe level.

His dad stormed out and I tried to fix Tyler up as best as I could and took him to our secret place. It was just a little beach shack that sat on the secluded shoreline. We loved coming here to just get away from it all.

"Thank you..." He says barely above a whisper. "It's alright as long as your okay." I say sadly. " I'm fine trust me.." I place a hot rag on his swollen cheek and he winces in pain. "Really now? " I ask him. He sighs in defeat.

"You really don't have to do this." He says weakly. "Are you kidding me?!?" I almost scream. "You've been my best friend for years and I love you." I'm shocked that My feelings all poured out of my mouth without me control.

He starts grinning from ear to ear.

"I love you to." He says without any nervousness or haste in his voice.

I'm smiling now also. He pulls me into hug him and I'm careful not to hurt him. But he squeezes tighter signaling he doesn't care if I do.

---------------------

I sit up straight in my bed.

He was the best thing that ever happened to me.

And he left. Along with a big chunk of my heart. It will be exactly one full year since he committed suicide next week.

That's when I'm going to kill myself.

Im going to go to the beach hut (the place he killed himself) and swallow a bottle of pills.

'If that doesn't work,' I think to myself.

' I'll just chug some bleach and cut my wrists. I am NOT staying here. I'll try everything it takes to leave.' I go over my plan in my head.

'I will be with you again Tyler'.

~•~••~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Ok. Ok. I know.

You guys hate me. I'm sorry!

I really can't write... I'm sorry for burning your eyes with my horrible story...

Like I said before:

If you liked it, yay!! :D

I you didn't, I understand. :\