Chapter 43: The Brilliance of Youth

Beginne am Anfang

Abigail.

On my birthday a few nights ago, Abby brought up the fact that she wants kids.

I don't know how I feel about it, to be honest.

This whole kids thing has been literally ALL I have been able to think about, for the past few days.

I can't get it out of my head.

I've over-thought everything, because I simply can't stop thinking about it.

A huge part of me wants kids.

I've always wanted them, but suddenly, it's happening so fast.

It's scary to think about.

I'm scared, but apparently children are a scary thing.

I don't even know what to think.

Throughout all of my thoughts, one thing has remained clear, though.

And that is that I want Abby to be the mother of my children.

For a long time now, I've known that Abigail would be the one to have my children.

She would be the one to share the journey with me, and she would be the one to carry my child for nine months.

I've always known that.

And Abigail wants kids more than anything else in the world right now.

She hasn't bugged me about it again since my birthday, because she knows that I'm still thinking.

She can tell that this whole kids thing is all I have been able to think about, and she's just waiting for a decision.

I don't even know what the hell that decision will be yet.

I don't have the slightest clue.

Like I said, I've always wanted children.

I just didn't know that it could happen so quickly.

Abby and I have always been the kind of couple that just does things.

We have never been the kind to sit around and wait for things.

So the fact that she wants kids so soon, shouldn't really surprise me, because she is a go-getter.

And that's one of the many things I love her for.

But with kids... it's just different.

I can't describe it, but I also can't stop thinking about it.

In the midst of my deep train of thought, I realize that I have reached the coffee shop.

I swing the door open to the cafe, and a combination of warm air and the aroma of coffee greets me.

I walk in, and the coffee smells incredible.

The coffee store is fairly busy, but nothing too bad.

My eyes automatically find a mother and her little daughter at a corner booth of the cafe.

I shake my head, looking away.

I can't stop noticing kids.

What the hell is happening to me?
I proceed through the coffee store, and head to the line.

After about two minutes, I reach the front of the line, and order my drink, as well as Abby's.

The barista nods, grabbing two coffee cups, and filling in the information with a Sharpie.