Chapter 1: The Attack

Heyy! So um- Pretty please bare with me, this is a chapter to fill you in on everything. It is actually quite important to the story line, and I PROMISE, the second chapter will have much excitement in it:) 

Love you guys xx

____________________________________________________________________________________

I pumped my arms, ignoring the aching muscles on my legs and pushed my erratic, almost unbearable heart beat out of mind. 

"Well done Aphrodite! 10 minutes and 37 seconds. You nearly beat your record there." Elliot, who is my trainer, cheered, holding up his timer. I panted, slowing down to a stop, and headed towards him. 

He handed me a small towel to wipe my sweat, and I stole a swig of water from his water bottle. "Do you want to call it a day, or-" 

"Train. I want my boxing bag." I said, breathing hard. 

Elliot glared at me disapprovingly. "You are going to over work yourself." I ignored him, walking ahead and back to the pack house.

"Aph. Aphrodite!" He called. I sighed, turning around. 

"What." I crossed my arms. He came up close to me, his hands resting on my shoulders. "You know why I am training this much. I have to know how to protect myself, and this pack once I become Alpha." I looked away.

"I know. But you have to watch your health." He tilted my face back up to meet his. "Promise me." 

"I promise." I said reluctantly. 

"Good." He smiled, pressing a kiss on my forehead, before releasing me. "No more than twenty minutes."

I gave him a look of deadpan. "Fine. Half an hour." I nodded, turning around and walked to the pack gym. 

I passed some pack members who bowed their head at me out of respect, and I gave a small sympathetic smile to those who recently lost their mate or family because of the on going feud between this pack and the Poseidon pack. My fists clenched at the thought of everything that Alpha has done to us. This is why I train so hard every day. I am about to be the first female alpha in the last ten years. I want to be the one to end this feud, to be the one who finally puts the selfish alpha's heart beat to rest. 

I opened my locker, and took out my boxing gloves. I preferred bare knuckle boxing, but I still have bruises from the last time I trained here. Sliding the gloves on and making sure they are secure, I closed the door to the private room I have. Sliding my bluetooth ear phones in and blasting music into my ears, I allowed myself to fall into the routine. Jab, jab, elbow, kick. Jab, jab, elbow, kick. 

Almost everyday I come down here, and who knows how many boxing bags I had gone through already. It has become a routine for me, having been doing things like this ever since I could run. It is expected of me to. I know my father and mother does not approve the amount of training I do, but unfortunately I didn't have a choice to be the first one kicked out of my mother's uterus. 

Uppercut, front kick, roundhouse. Uppercut, front kick, roundhouse. Elliot is the beta's son, and is four years my elder. We've been training together for as long as I can remember. And I'll admit, him and I do have a thing together. But until I turn 17, we both don't know if we are mates or not. I think my parents want us to be mates. I guess we'll find out soon, because my birthday is coming up in two days. 

Right cross, elbow, jab. My phone rang, stopping the music. It was Elliot. I rolled my eyes, and ignored his phone call. Stepping away from the punching bag, I allowed it to swing gently in front of me. Things are becoming tense between the Zeus pack and the Poseidon pack. Already two new patrol members have been injured in a recent attempt from the Poseidon pack members to come into our land. We have extremely skilled fighters, but so do they. I took off my boxing gloves, stuffing them back into the lockers. Grabbing my towel, I rubbed the sweat away from behind my neck and let my hair flow loose. Walking into the kitchen, I suddenly had a moment of cravings for hot chips.