02

Carmen

It was six in the morning and I left the house to go for a jog. I try to do this at least two times a week, since I spend half my life watching Netlfix and eating, so I need to be slightly active.

I jogged through the path I usually went on. It's just a path along a park and a river. As I was walking, I saw someone from the distance. It looked like a guy, crying. I thought that, maybe, just maybe he was having a hard time, and he needed someone to talk to.

I slowly went over to him tapping his shoulder.

"Hi! I just wanted to know if you're okay, because, well, being outside at six in the morning looking miserable is doesn't seem so good."

He looked at me and he looked very familiar. Blonde hair, tattoos...?

I got nothing.

He continued to look at me. "I fuck up everything." He whispered.

"I know you just met me, but I'm a good listener. Do you want to tell me, maybe? I can help you."

He let out a long breathe before he began. "I've been trying to get ahold of my ex-girlfriend. I was a monster. After I found out she got pregnant because of me, I blamed it on her, broke things, smashed stuff, and left her. And now, I regret it all. I feel like complete shit, like I'm useless. My mother always taught me to never hurt a girl, but I did."

I nodded slowly as I was talking everything in. "So, she's not answering your texts at all?"

"She's answering, and sometimes, she acts like she doesn't even know who I am. She asked for nudes, she tells me she loves me and misses me. Then, when I went to her house, her parents threatened to put me in jail."

This all sounds familiar.

Oh shit.

He's been texting me. I asked for his nudes. I said I missed him. To defend my side, I did not actually know what was happening. I didn't want to tell him just yet.

"Okay, I see. I'm Carmen Christian. What's your name?" I asked holding out my hand to shake it.

I knew his name, and almost everything about him, when he knew absolutely nothing about me. He shook my hand, "My name is Justin, Justin Bieber."

I did feel bad, very, actually. He thinks it's his ex-girlfriend. We talked for two hours, till I realized I had to get going home.

"Thank you Carmen, so much. Same time tomorrow, please?"

"Of course. Bye, Justin." I said smiling, walking away.

When I got home, I got another text. It was from Justin.

8:47 AM: I was thinking about you this morning. Your smile, your laugh, your body; everything about you

I replied it, still faking I was his ex-girlfriend.

8:56 AM: I couldn't stop thinking about you.