"It's over, Commander," the pilot said. "The Rebels have been routed. They're fleeing into the woods. We need reinforcements to continue the pursuit."

        The controllers, officers, and troopers cheered together. "Send three squads to help! Open the back door." The control room commander ordered.

        "Yes, sir," another commander saluted, enthusiastic about their success.

       The squads approached the door and scrambled out as it opened up, looking around in sudden shock to see Rebels smirking at them, all of their blasters trained on them. They were outnumbered. They looked up to also see some of the Ewok creatures with bows and arrows, looking just as smug about their ruse. The Imperials threw down their weapons and rose their hands above their heads grumpily.

        Han clambered out of the Imperial walker with a smile, throwing off the pilot's hat he had worn to fool the Imperials. He quickly took Chewie and a few other Rebels and ran inside of the bunker, determined to finish what they came here for. Each Rebel set to work setting explosive charges, taking out the few remaining Imperials left inside. "Throw me another charge." Han called to his Wookiee friend, deft with his hands as he caught the explosive device.

        One of the Rebels, with Han's nod of approval, quickly triggered the devices, each of them lighting up and counting down. They all ushered out as quickly as they had come in, Han screaming out the warning as he ran out, preparing to dive into the brush just as the bunker exploded behind him. The shockwave knocked him and many others flat to the ground, the explosion large and elaborate and taking up almost the whole sky. The Rebels cheered as they all looked in the air, hoping that the fleets above would be able to have a chance now.

         Just as the ground assault assumed, the fleet knew of the explosion immediately.

        Ackbar sat forward with elated eyes. "The shield is down! Commence attack on the Death Star's main reactor!"

       Lando heard the call and laughed loudly. "We're on our way, Admiral. Red Group, Gold Group, all fighters follow me." He smiled broadly and turned to his co-pilot. "I told you they'd do it!"

        Nien laughed as well, his adrenaline rising. The Second Death Star loomed closer as the Falcon, and the fighters behind it zoomed towards it innards, determined to end this once and for all.

***

        Luke held his breath as he heard Vader's slow approaching footsteps. He tried his best to dim his Force signature and quiet his physical noises as well. He knew Anakin was unconscious above him, as his signature was clouded, so he was alone at least until he awoke. His true test against the Sith version of his father.

        Distress seemed to be radiating from Anakin despite his fuzzy signature, and Luke forced himself to focus. The echo of Vader's respirator made him shudder as his hand gripped his saber tighter. His palms were sweaty and clammy and he bit his lip, still struggling to stop his breaths from being loud. "You cannot hide forever, Luke."

        The baritone voice cut deep into the boy's soul and he gathered his courage. This was his father. No matter who he was, he had helped give him life. Force, he had met the man's past self now, so he at least knew what he used to be like. But how was he to redeem him if he was too scared to face him?

        Making sure his throat wasn't too dry, Luke dared call out to the Sith, making him turn towards the sound of the youthful voice. "I will not fight you."

        Vader smiled tensely, sensing Luke's troubling thoughts despite his weak shields and also sensing Anakin's torturous mental pain. "Give yourself to the dark side." He urged, moving to where he was sure he had heard Luke speak. "It is the only way you can save your friends on Endor. Your feelings for them are strong."