CHAPTER 1

© All rights reserved
This is all simply a work of fiction as all the characters, plot, events, and settings are all from my imagination. Anything relating to real life characters, events or settings are only a coincidence.

----------------------------------

I stared intensely into the mirror as if something might jump out of it any second. For a split second, I saw my mother stare back at me. I tried to reach my hands to touch her face, but her reflection vanished into thin air, and I was left with mine again.

"Never show your long hair to the public Emily. It's dangerous. Please make sure you listen to me. I have to go now, but I'll be back soon."

I was left angered, depressed, and curious when I was a child. I hated my face. It reminded me of my mother. My father, I've never met him. My mother separated me from him when I was born, and then left me as if I was a sick boar she could not keep.

I touched the bun on my head. What if I showed my real hair to everyone? I thought. I was alone in my room. I was always alone.

I stripped my eyes away from the mirror and let my long, straight black hair down. Nothing had ever happened when I let my hair down with no one around me. I went to shower after finishing packing all my supplies for the new year of school. I despised school as much as I despised my own birth mother. Walking through the halls makes me feel suffocated as more than hundreds of people pushed through. I've never had friends. I saw no point in trying to make friends, as I was better off alone.

After showering, I changed into a grey sweater along with black jeans. Simple as I want it. I quickly tied my hair up into a bun, placed my bag over my shoulder and walked out. I felt wind striking me on the face. It felt as if knives were slashing through my face. Today was cold, very cold indeed. The strong breeze made me feel refreshed though, as I love the feeling.

*****
It feels like I've been walking for at least an hour until I finally saw the giant mansion in front of me. How is this even a school?

I watched as students stormed past me, almost knocking me to the ground but I kept my balance. I firmly placed a hand on my bun, making sure its in place.

I am restricted from let my hair down. Why? I don't know. All I know is that those were the last words mom said to me after she ran away, to not let my hair down in public.

I sighed and felt myself wanting to collapse. I wish—
"Ouch!" A painful feeling went right through me as I had bumped into the wall. I lost my balance as I fell backwards but two arms managed to catch me.

"You okay?" I heard a male voice say. I slowly looked up and saw large chocolate eyes stare back.

"Yeah." I whispered quietly. I don't think I have spoke more than a word to someone in years.

He suppressed a deep chuckle. Was I actually able to make someone laugh? "I'm glad you are. Did you like bumping into me? This six pack of mine took months of workout to get. I swear." Did he really just say that? I mentally cringed.

"My name is Seth. Seth Waters." He smiled and put his hand out in front of me. I stared at it. Seth waters. Have I heard of the name before? Ah! The popular jock as everyone calls him. I gasped.

"What's wrong?" I heard him say.

"Sorry, but I have to go." I said as I rushed past him and headed towards the bathroom.

"Hey! Wait! I didn't catch your-" his voice slowly faded as I got closer to the bathroom. I opened the door and leaned against the wall. I do not want to get noticed by him and I don't want to have any connection with him. I felt a strange rush of emptiness the moment I escaped his grip. His feeling seemed so familiar. I brushed it off as it was probably just my mind again.

Somehow, I have to get away from him, and pretend this situation never happened. Lets hope nothing happens.
*****
School went by quickly today. Seth was no where around and I was okay, well, almost okay. Just the same question I get everyday. Why do you always wear a bun? I sighed. I wish I knew. I wish my mother would've told me. All she said was to promise her to always wear a bun on my head before she left. Growing up wasn't my specialty. I wish I'd have a normal childhood like most people.

Beep. Beep. I heard a car next to me. I looked to my side to see bright red eyes staring at me. Not me, something at least an inch above me. I turned around and ran. I ran until I caught a glimpse of my house. Surprisingly, he did not drive after me. I walked into my small, old house gasping for air. What was that? Who was that? Is my mind playing tricks on me? I nodded, that was probably why I saw red eyes. It's probably nothing, I should really get some sleep, I whispered to myself. I did what most teenagers do. Collapse into bed and bury my face in my pillow. I don't think anyone does that but, that's the only way I can go to sleep. Soon enough, darkness consumed me.

***
This is my first book I have ever wrote and I'm extremely sorry about the grammar mistakes in this book. I will try my best to always edit every chapter for the best reading experience, please do not point out the mistakes.

I hope you all enjoy this book and have a lovely day :)
~ C