Todd The Anti-Christ

Foreword

This story contains some words in Latin namely the sword names and the group names. So to clarify this and edjumacate you in some Latin I will define these.

Caelum et Infernum-Heaven and Hell

Filii Fata-Sons of Destiny

Dexteram Lucifer-Right Hand of Lucifer

Sperare-Faith

Introduction

This is the story of Todd Rivera A.K.A Mammon the Anti-Christ. At least its his story as best as I could interpret it. So if any of you happen to have differing opinions about the events that take place here, tough shit I’m the one writing it. So here goes.

Chapter 1

The Death of Matt Milagre and The Birth of Todd Rivera

Matt was walking away from his high school and thinking about the many dark shadows looming over his current life that had also loomed over his past 117 lives. He looked around and noticed no one was nearby. He smiled as his ebony wings tore through the fabric of his shirt. He flexed and stretched the stiffness out of them. It was extremely uncomfortable to keep them hidden inside his back all day during school. He began flapping lightly so as to slowly rise off the ground and into the clouds. He loved flying more than anything else in the world which is why he preferred the older days when the cities were few and far between and weren’t so filled with people. Those days were long gone however, the quiet, simple life humanity had once lived was replace by the hustle, bustle, and noise of the lives they chose for themselves now. Matt even had to be careful when he was in the skies now, due to the human’s advancements in aeronautics. He had been a neighbor to the Wright brothers in one of his past lives and had even helped them, using his knowledge of flight, to build their prototype planes. He regretted it very much now that he couldn’t even let his mind drift while he flew above the clouds as he so often used to. He always had to be alert so he could disappear quickly if a plane came within range of seeing him. Because if a human noticed him it would never end well. They’d call the news station, the news station would do a story, and then nephilim would come from all over the world to try to earn their place in heaven by killing him. Matt shot up into air going as high as he could before pulling his wings inside himself and falling. A human had seen him do this once and had mistaken his wings for a parachute-type device and skydiving had been born. He spun and flipped trying to banish the dark thoughts of his many deaths from his mind. He sensed them near before he saw them and sighed. No matter how hard he tried to convince them that they were wrong about him they never listened. His angelic and demonic natures began swirling with anger inside him. They wanted him to kill the nephilim coming for him in the most brutal way possible. He pushed them back trying to contain himself. They entered his view and began streaking through the sky towards him. His wings shot out of his back and he pulled up sharply using the momentum of his fall to propel himself forwards at great speed. He dove into a large cloud and waited. Their flaming blades shone through the layers of cloud and Matt summoned his own. Caelum et infernum, a longsword made of intertwining streams of holy and hell fire. He could swing it with little energy behind it and burn the nephilim into nothing but he wouldn’t. He let them come. They burst through the layer of cloud separating them and began swiping their flaming blades at him. He dodged and deflected them easily but they were persistent. The one on the left swung too deep and left himself exposed. Matt’s angelic and demonic side screamed to use this opportunity to kill the nephilim. It was amusing that even though angels and demons would never admit it they share opinions on a lot of things. Matt dodged around the side of the blade and threw a punch into the overextended nephilim’s face. Blood spurted from his broken nose and Matt whispered a silent apology to the nephilim. The other nephilim saw an opportunity and took it. Matt could have dodged or deflected the blow in a couple dozen ways but he had given up. He knew they’d never quit and that he’d never kill them so he might as well make it easy for them to get into heaven. The flaming katana sliced through Matt’s mid-back splitting him in half and cauterizing the wound at the same time, an extremely painful experience. As he fell he lost track of his lower half. He coughed blood as he felt himself dying again. A light flashed from inside the cloud and Matt smiled. He thought at least something good comes from my deaths. He died while falling. Matt was in a tight dark space that he knew all too well as the birth canal. Light flooded him as a man in a white coat lifted him. He inspected Matt and saw a perfectly healthy baby boy with a strange birth mark in the shape of small wings with vaguely chain shaped markings around them on his back. The doctor handed him to a Latino woman who cried with joy over her baby. Matt wondered, and not for the first time, where her real baby was and what he would have been like had he not stolen the baby’s chance at life.