[4] Neon.

Noah forgot all about his surroundings. The occasional worker passing by, the withered flowers decorating the grey and brown tinted lobby, the foam exiting two immense mugs of coffee seated on the low table.

His eyes were trained on Chester's bony finger as it tapped the table, instead.

Chester sat hunched, his head on the table, curls of hair crawling over the wooden surface like dark, dehydrated tentacles reaching for the coffee he no longer had energy to drink. One of his arms was hanging loosely between his parted legs and his other was draped over the coffee table's entire length.

Chester was tired and felt like dying. As always.

Noah wore a look that neared pain. His eyes started tearing up from not blinking, but he couldn't look away from the man's finger as it tapped the table rhythmically.

Tap- tap- tap- tap-

<><><><><><><>

-tap -tap -tap -tap.

Noah looked up from his gameboy, trying to figure where the distant sound was coming from. Him and his friends were in the library, supposedly studying for upcoming exams. Really, they were just chatting with their noses above study notes.

"So, who's going to go fetch the snacks?" Adonis asked, scratching his buzz-cut hair before moving on to the beard.

Noah looked from left to right. Adonis asked the question, and so he automatically ruled himself out. Connor was caught up in some intense conversation with Carmen and Trisha, while Mahek nervously toyed with his sleeves. He had anxiety issues.

Noah looked back at himself and scoffed. He always found it funny how his group of friends was like a palette of colors: from African-American Connor, to Indian Mahek, to Caucasian Adnois and Trisha, Irish Carmen and then Caucasian, Albino Noah.

He stood up. "I guess I'll go. What do you all want?"

He fumbled with the handfuls of money once everyone ordered and then kicked Mahek in the foot. "I know you want something."

His dark, wide eyes widened further and he scratched his ear. "Coffee and cookie." he fished out a few bills from his pocket and added them to the pile.

Noah went on his way, head hung over his gameboy as he walked. His position remained like that while he waited for the lady at the tiny cafe to prepare the drinks and snacks.

He paused the game, head perked up. He was still hearing the distant noise.

tap- tap- tap- tap- tap- tap-

"Here you go!"

He halted, thanking her for the stuff and picking up the tray, gameboy in pocket. On his way back, he decided to instead follow the noise, and came upon a tunnel of bookshelves.

The light at the end of the tunnel was... dull, faint, because of the clouds outside. A humanoid black shape smudged the tall rectangle of glowing grayness that was a window.

Squinting until his eyes adjusted to the contrast, Noah only managed to make out a pile of arms and legs and... wool?

A wool, knitted scarf... No, it was big enough to be a blanket. It stood wrapped around the figure's neck, cascaded down its torso and ended hanged by two knitting needles.

tap- tap- tap- tap--- pause.

Noah had been spotted. He, in turn, spotted Davin.

Not knowing what else to do, he approached. Davin observed him calmly from his place on the bean bag. He was nearly inexistent, with the blanket covering most of him and the bean bag swallowing him up.