Chapter 6//Weird Encounters

Start from the beginning

As I approach the creature my puffed up chest deflates and now I'm just down right scared. This thing has eight eyes and eight legs. It also has hair all over it and not to mention it's bad breath. What is this thing? I gulp and look over my shoulder at Amber. She is terrified. All the blood has drained from her face and she is shaking with fear. I have never seen her like this. I take me knife out and without thinking I run towards the creature.

The creature is light brown in colour and has dark brown spots on it. It is huge but I'm still taller that it. Ha. In your face creepy creature. Anyway back to the task at hand. I run forward with a knife. As I come closer I notice that there is foam near its mouth. I am pretty close to the creature and now I realise that it stinks. All I could small before was its bad breath but this was like smelling it's bad breath and body odour which, by the way, is terrible. I'm surprised that I am still running. As usual, I slip but the good thing is that I gain my balance quickly and keep running. I feel nauseated. I'm right in front of that 'thing' who I hold the knife in both my hands and raise my it above my head, ready to stab one of the creature's eyes'. I think I'm going to puke. Yep. There it is. Instead of stabbing the creature I puke on it. Let's add this moment to my oldest book-' A Record Of All The Stupid Things Done By Jay'. I think that it's going to be a never ending book. Me puking on the creature is working because as I puke on it, it blinks a couple of times and then curries away. I stomp me foot and yell after the creature, " Run away. Be happy I didn't give you a taste of my knife."

"Jay." Amber says in a quiet voice. I turn all my attention towards her."I'm so sorry I got you into this mess. You would've been safe is small town. I didn't know what I was thinking. I'm so sorry." As she says this tears well up in her eyes. Yes, I am very angry but I can't see Amber like this. Everyone makes mistakes, right? And this was my decision, not hers. She didn't even force me to do this.

"It's ok. It wasn't your fault. This was my decision, not yours. You don't have to be sorry." I try to calm her down. She nods and keeps sniffling.

"You stink" she says after a while and scrunches up her nose as she tries to lighten up our moods.

"Ditto"

She gasps and says " Didn't your mommy teach you anything, Jay. You are never supposed to tell a girl she stinks or that she is fat or in fact anything bad."

I raise an eyebrow and say " Aren't you being gender bias? So you can say anything you want to me but I have to be nice to you? That's not fair."

She pouts, " Why do you always try to make me the bad person?"

"Because you always are." I smirk. She sticks her tongue out at me as her response.

"Real mature Amber, real mature." I drawl and just like that we are back to normal.

We eat some of the food that I had brought and sat down to where we were sitting before this 'incident'. Okay. I am not mad at Amber for bringing me here and it was my choice to come but we should've planned this better and we didn't know what we would find or come across. I hate these types of situations, it's our fault but it's not our fault.

Now me being angry with Amber suddenly seems stupid because she wasn't the only one who planned this. We both are to blame if anything happens to anyone of us.

"We should keep moving." Amber advises. " The sooner we get out of here, the better."

I couldn't agree more so I nod and we continue walking in silence.

*******************

Amber's p.o.v.

That creature seriously scared the life out of me. I don't think I will be able to get my good night sleep for quite a few days. That thing was so damn hairy. I shudder at the thought. I'm really really glad that Jay is with me. I would've probably died by now if he wasn't here. I feel guilty for bringing him along though. I know that it was Jay said he wanted to come along but somehow I can't stop blaming myself for pulling him into this mess. I shouldn't have told him. I'm so stupid.  I only thought of getting into this never ending hallway. I thought of nothing else. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE. I don't know how long this journey will last or how much food we will need or if we  enough water or if we will ever make it out! I don't know anything. Jay is my best friend and there is no one else I can think of with whom I would want to be here. Well, except for Gerald. When I think of Gerald I am reminded of how much it hurts to be away from him. I think I should tell Jay or else I might start crying but I don't want to trouble him with my problems. As it is he is in deep, deep trouble because of me and has other things to worry about than me and my stupid problems.

Jay's brown hair is disheveled and his jeans has ripped right above his knee. His green eyes are distant and he is deep in thought.

"Do you want to talk about what's bothering you?" I ask before I even realise what I'm saying. He looks at me for 10 long seconds as if he were analysing my thoughts and then shook his head. Of course he doesn't want to talk about it. If he wanted to then he would have told me already. I can see that whatever it is that he is thinking about is really bothering him but I don't want to push him too far. I am really grateful that the came with me and I don't want to make him sad so I drop the topic.

We walk in silence for a really really long time. I'm actually scared to talk to him. This has never ever happened before.

"Do you miss Gerald?" He asks. I nod silently in return.

"I hope he is doing okay." Jay says.

"I hope so." I say quietly. I try not to think of Gerald as I know that I might never get to see him again and that thought hurts me such an extent that there are no words to describe it.

Jay stops beside me and says," Don't cry Amber." as he wipes a tear from my cheek. I hadn't even noticed that I was crying until now. I hug Jay. He always knows how to make me feel better. I tighten my arms around him. He hugs me back and rests his chin on my head. All we have to do now is get out of this hallway. I am more determined than ever to get out. I owe at least this much to Jay. We need to find out what's at the other end of this hallway.

********************************************************************************
A.N.

This chapter is dedicated to @Onein100billion for being the most awesome person I have had the privilege of meeting and also because he helped me plan my story. May his soul rest in peace.

Heya!! How did u all like this chapter? Plzzzz vote and comment. Sorry I haven't updated for a while. Stuff came up but I'm back now. How's the spider? Hehe.

❤️EffervescentReader❤️