Chapter 22

The stinging pain in my eyes was increasing. No they were definitely not tears, I'm sure I had something in my eye that was irritating and making me look like cry. I, for my own sake, would never cry especially not because of Harry.

How could I even think that he'd do something against his friends. That was so stupid of me. He'd never...never ever stand against those bastards even if that means hurting himself. I don't understand why he'd do this. Why he'd let them hurt him?

The clouds growled like a beast in the sky followed by a lightening that emerged from behind the dark clouds like a God on his charriot passing through the clouds with the lightening speed and the screeching of the chariot wheels against the clouds made the lightening appear constantly.

I looked up in the sky and a tiny drop of water fell on my eyelid and got mixed with the saline liquid falling from my eyes. The tiny droplet of water was followed by various sized water droplets. Some large, some small, some so tiny that you won't even be able to figure them. I stood there,in rain, letting it fall on me hoping that it'd wash away my pain and anguish. I was only five minutes away from my home but something inside me didn't want to go anywhere. It just wanted to stay here,out in the open but never wanted to be found.

I stood in the rain with closed eyes, face tilted up for a long time. I didn't even know how long I was standing here, minutes? hours? I didn't really know. I finally opened my eyes feeling somewhat lighter. The rain seemed to empty my thoughts and I felt...better? I decided to finally go back home. With every step I could feel the weight of my wet clothes. The water dripped from my hairs and eyebrows in my eyes and were blocking my vision.

I was soaking wet when I reached home. I stood in the front porch of my house, preparing myself for the verbal attack from my mum. She'd be so mad when she see my like this. Last time Harry saved my ass by lending me his clothes. I sighed, remembering him brings back the same pain in my heart that I thought I had left behind in the rain. I shook my head sending away any traces left of him in my thoughts . I took a deep breath and with my spare key I opened the door. I peeped inside to look around if mum was anywhere near the door.

Perfect !!

She wasn't to be seen anywhere and I could easily sneak into my room and change into dry clothes. I slowly put my left foot inside. As soon as I started tiptoeing into my room, the wet shoes started creating a weird noise.

"Niall !! Is that you?" I froze on my place on hearing the voice that was coming from upstairs , soon followed by the thumping of her sandals on the stairs. I squeezed my eyes shut and cursed myself. She was going to see me like this, standing in the middle of the hallway. The water dripping from my clothes and shoes made a small puddle where I was standing.

"Oh my Gosh !!" As soon as she landed her foot on the floor,her eyes went wide examining me and her hands flew to cover her mouth. "What is th.. How did you..." her regular witty self failed to form a complete sentence.

"I'm sorry mum. I..uh.." Before I could give her some excuse for intentionally getting wet in rain she interrupted me "Go get changed soon. I'll bring you some warm coffee." I nodded and ran upstairs to my room. I was shaking with cold as I grabbed fresh clothes. I quickly took off my clothes and and threw them in the basket kept in the washroom. I dried myself with the towel and put on some fresh clothes. I was still shaking. Now all I wished for was not to get sick. Last thing I wanted was a fever and a runny nose with irritating sneezes.

Maybe the idea to stand in the rain was not a good one !

Just when I finished changing my clothes, I heard a soft knock on my door "Have you changed Ni?" My mum asked.