S t a y . . .

AN: Based on the spoiler about 5x14 and my crazy imagination! Hope you like it!!

He was walking more and more fast to get to her. He knew he shouldn't do this; it was his decision for them to be like that. When Emma arrived at the Underworld, at first he was shocked and then grateful. He gave her his approval to take him home and she did her best. But all magic comes with a price. Here they were now, trapped in Storybrooke with their worst nightmares wandering around. Each hatred, each remorse or any other negative feeling had to be faced now. All these people from their past were now haunting them and no matter their efforts, they couldn't find a solution.

Given all this, Killian had told Emma that being separated for a while would be the best for both of them. Of course he still loves her; but right now he has to deal with his dead brother, his tough enemy, Peter Pan, and his eternal enemy, Rumpelstiltskin. Besides, Emma had her own demons follow her. Their already tainted relationship would help none of them get through this chaos without severe wounds in their souls. There were lots of things they needed to talk about before they could regain their balance. His deception by her, for example, or the heartless words he had said and he couldn't forgive himself about.

They both had been through a lot. Their love had grown but it was a long and painful way. He was the one who had pushed her away. But he needed to see her now. The rain had become heavier when he arrived at her house, at their house. He opened the garden's door and ran inside. When he stood outside the door he took a deep breath before knocking.

It didn't take long and Emma opened the door. Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped slightly opened.

My whole life waiting for the right time
To tell you how I feel.

"Killian." She said and it was something between speaking and breathing. "What are you doing here?" She asked with more steady and loud voice.

Know I try to tell you that I need you.
Here I am without you.
I feel so lost but what can I do?

"I just wanted to see you." He said simply and he couldn't help the shiver that traveled through his body.

He was soaking wet and she could she the desperation in his eyes. However, that wasn't enough. "Okay. Did you see me?" She asked ironically. After torturing her and keeping her away, since they got back, he believed that it would be so easy? Oh really no... love!

She was angry, he could tell. She had this specific expression she was holding every time. Her lips were pressed together in an adorable way and he could discern that her cheeks had started to become red. Although he didn't expect such a reaction, his Swan was right. He should know better before coming here. He didn't stand up to her when she needed him the most. How could he fix it now, in a dark, raining night? "Aye. I did." He said nervously and started to look around in order to get his voice steady. "You know; I... I'll just leave. It was wrong to come here; I get you're angry."

'Cause I know this love seems real
But I don't know how to feel.

"It was." She interrupted him. "You were the one who asked me to keep a distance between us; being here just making it more painful." She added with harsh voice. Her eyes never left his.

We say goodbye in the pouring rain,
And I break down as you walk away.
Stay.

He opened his mouth several times with a view to saying something but, eventually, he just nodded and turned away.

'Cause all my life I've felt this way
But I could never find the words to say
Stay.

She closed the door loudly and relayed her body on it. Had she really forced him to leave? She had missed him so much. So bloody much, as he would say. She smiled sadly but the smile transformed to tears threatening to fall. What was she thinking? She grabbed the door's handle and ran outside.

Alright, everything is alright
Since you came along
And before you
I had nowhere to run to
Nothing to hold on to
I came so close to giving it up.
And I wonder if you know
How it feels to let you go?

He was right outside the garden when he heard her calling his name. He stopped and turned away to see her rushing her body into his. Her lips crushed to his, the next moment and he held her steady. She didn't give him any time to think; he just moved his hooked arm to her lower back to hold her tighter and his good hand traveled from her shoulders to her neck and then to tangle her hair to his fingers.

"I love you." He breathed without breaking the kiss. "If you knew how much I love you." He said again between kisses and caresses.

She pulled back and touched his forehead with hers as she was trying to catch her breathing. The pouring rain was making it difficult to see; but she could she him clearly and that was enough. "Are you kidding me?" She replied breathlessly. "I haven't slept a single night since I became my past self again." She complained but she didn't break their connection.

So change your mind
And say you're mine.
Don't leave tonight
Stay.

"I know." He whispered calmly. "Neither did I." He confessed and she looked up at him. He was feeling her fingers playing with some hair down at his neck as he was staring at her. He leaned again to kiss her and she kissed him back, slowly. He pushed his tongue to her lips, that parted a second later, to give him permission. They were pushing their bodies against each other, trying to vanish every sign of distance between them. His hand moved again until he touched his hook and then he moved them both down, at the start of her legs. She gasped on his mouth when he lifted her in the air and he continued to kiss her as he was walking towards the house.

He kicked the door closed and she left a small laugh. They managed to go up the ladder with small breaks along the way until they finally entered the main bedroom. He bended over to lie her down at the bed without breaking the kiss. She didn't lose time to push his black jacket away from his body when he positioned himself above her but his hands left her waist to grab her hands. "Love, not tonight." He said calmly and she looked at him confused. "I don't want it like this; like our only way out of this hell. I want it to be part of our paradise." He explained slowly and kissed her nose.

He moved his body and placed himself behind her. Her back was warming his chest and he lifted his hook up, in front of her face, playfully. She smiled and got it off his hand before making herself comfortable in his hug. His good hand came to rest above hers, cupping it. She caressed it gently and he moved it again to cling their fingers together.

"Close your eyes." He whispered over her ear and kissed her neck, resting his head between her hair right after. She did as he said and sighed before letting her body relax.

She didn't realize for how long he was staring at her. Nor how quickly the night passed. Nor when she woke up in an empty bed.