1.

I walk past racks of clothes, shelves with sunglasses and purses, shoes and jewelry. The cashier to my left. I continue walking down the clothing filled lines until I find something of my taste. Nothing. Not a thing. I hate it all. It's either to pink, or too punk, or too sparkly. I can never find clothes a like. Some say it's called being picky. I say it's having a sense of humanity. All the clothes are hideous.

Maya is a rack or two ahead of me. She has tons of clothes in each arm, so many that if I were carrying that much it would be considered a work out. She is sorting through a lump or floral shirts. She had always been more fashionable than me. "Life is too short to wear boring clothes." She would say all the time, maybe too much.

"Riley," She was looking at me now. "Why are you wearing those classes inside? It's not like they have a sun for sale." She smiled. I hadn't really noticed I was wearing the glasses until now.. and we bursted put laughing.

A couple minutes later we were in a dressing room trying on clothes.. Well she was trying on clothes. I was just giving my opinion like I usually do. She was putting on a crop top that had nyc written on it.
"Cute, I would wear that if I didn't have so much flab" I slapped my belly and she laughed. "Says the girl who works out eight out of seven days a week!" I just roll my eyes.

But now that I think about it, I really do work out a lot. It's kind of my healing, my therapy. It's how I hide from the world. But mainly I just want to live a long life and be healthy..

I stood up by her looking in the mirror. She was so pretty, and feminine. She had long blonde hair that was always curled and had perfect facial features. She was short, and guys like short. Then there was me. Tall, brown eyes, brunette. I was plain. I wore a baseball tee, ripped jeans and converse. No wonder guys didn't like me.

"Riley, are you ok?" I hadn't realized I was frowning. "Oh I'm fine I was just thinking. She smiled at me. "Riley, remember to keep your head up, your tiara is falling." I laughed. She always had something inspirational to say. "You know Maya, someday your going to make a lovely fortune cookie."