Interrogation

No matter what I do to move on from this pain, deep down inside I will always know that I'll never get to hug my mom again.

"You're not supposed to be here."

Maya's first emotion was fear of the cold metal pressed against her throat as well as the recurring words from hell. 

Her next emotion was anger because of everything being so damn vague. 

"Where am I supposed to be?" she growled and Maya couldn't believe that was her own voice. Hoarse and quiet. 

Summer walked slowly around the coffee table and seated herself on the floor across from Maya. The glint in her eyes never wavered from dangerous, and it was as if she took no mind to the knife against Maya's neck. 

"What are you and what do you want?" she asked, not gracing Maya with an answer. Maya's anger rose but the knife held her back from growling. 

"I'm Maya-"

"I don't care who you are I care about what you are," Summer cut in. This time Maya growled, knife be damned. "Answer my questions." The knife pressed a little harder. 

"I'm a pony," she stated. 

"No, you're not," she replied. What was that supposed to mean? Hershey treated her as what she assumed was equal to a friend. Summer just made her feel like a cornered animal. Wait... animal... oh duh. 

"I'm a wolf," she clarified. 

"You don't look like a wolf," she returned and Maya's irritation rose.

"I look like a pony, yet you said I wasn't, I say I'm a wolf and you still don't believe me," she said. "Do I actually get any say in what I am?" Summer eyed her from her position. Maya thought she saw doubt or some kind of curiosity pass her expression but it was smoldered as quick as it was made. 

"Okay. What do you want then?" she asked and that made Maya pause. She wanted a lot of things. She wanted to get back to her pack, she wanted to be a wolf again, she wanted to see Makiel, she wanted this knife twenty miles away from her neck, and she wanted to protect Hershey.

"I want to get better and then find my pack," she said. Summer gave Maya a scrutinizing look. 

"How did you get injured?" she asked and Maya's eyes widened before she looked away. The blood and adrenaline, the look in Makiel's eyes as she fell over the edge, the power. 

"I fell," she answered through gritted teeth.

Maya heard Summer scoff and turned to glare at her. "How so?" she asked disbelievingly. Maya narrowed her eyes even further.

"Into a ravine," she growled. Summers eyes widened a fraction before looking ever more deadly. 

"Liar. There isn't a ravine around for hundreds of miles," she said and Maya faltered. She understood that there was quite a distance between the ravine and the ocean... wasn't there an ocean? 

"Well where's the ocean?" she asked and that made Summer falter. 

"Outside of Equestria... More than a thousand miles away," she answered with a raised eyebrow. Maya's blood went icy as her mind went into overdrive. What was that supposed to mean? The ocean was all Maya could think of as the first clue to finding her home. My pack... she thought. My home... it's all too far... Maya felt thick tears roll down her cheeks but barely acknowledged them. Her ears fell and she wrapped her tail around her hooves as she felt herself fall into submission

"I..." She couldn't speak around the lump in her throat. "I..." She didn't notice the knife slowly retreating from her neck. "I d-don't know w-where I am..." she finally said and she hunched over, letting some of her bangs fall in front of her face. She didn't feel the tears flowing freely down her face and her shoulders shaking as she whined high in her throat. She didn't sound like a pony, more like a lost pup crying for her mother, which she kind of was.