Chapter 2

I headed towards the room where they were keeping Ren, seeing troopers stationed outside the door so he couldn't leave. I told them my business and walked inside.
The room was white and sliver, almost so much that it hurt my eyes. On a bed laid Ren, who's dark hair and black clothing stood out against the sterile bedsheets. I approached him carefully, unsure if he was asleep.
"I'm not," he said, reading my mind and I stumbled back in surprise. His eyes peered at me as he sat up, wincing in pain.
"I'm here to help you," I said, a little afraid of him. "I know that you're hurt badly, and no one else on board has medical training."
"Just like General Hux to forget the one thing we need most," he muttered. I bristled at the way he spoke.
I scoured each cabinet until I found a high strength medicinal gel and some bandages for Ren. Looking at the container, I realized the gel would work for what I needed it for, but with one downfall.
"It's going to hurt very badly," I explained to him as I cleaned the wound on his side as he hissed. "It'll increase the healing speed and may even stop the bleeding, but it'll hurt as bad as it did when you first were shot."
"I don't care," he muttered, though I had a feeling he was hiding his true trepidation. I brushed it off and gave him a cloth to bite down on.
"Are you ready?" I asked, scooping some of the gel onto my gloved hand. I could feel it tingling through the thin material and I was nervous for what it would feel like on damaged skin.
"Just get it over with," he spat to me, his voice muffled by the cloth.
Gently, I applied the salve to the wound and the skin around it. It took a few seconds for the feeling to take effect but I soon heard Ren cry out in pain and arch away from me. I felt sorry for him, but I knew it must've been working so I continued to gently spread the gel over the area.
His second cry was louder and more animalistic than the first and I suddenly felt myself flying through the air. I slammed into a cabinet hard, knocking some things down. I sat there for a moment, dizzy and confused. I could hear him still groaning, though it sounded fuzzy.
I shakily stood up, trying to approach him. But the door flew open and the General stood between us.
"What is going on in here?" he yelled looking first at Ren then to me. His eyes glanced over the cabinet I'd been flung against and he scowled.
"Where do you get off throwing my people into walls?" he hissed at Ren, who was still shuddering in pain. He rolled over to look at us, his eyes glaring sharply at me.
"I think I have every reason to when they try to kill me!" he yelled, staring at me with disdain.
"I was trying to help!" I yelled back. I hadn't raised voice out of anger in a long time, but I was not about to be accused of attempted murder when I was doing the exact opposite.
"That's enough!" General barked and I physically jumped at his cold voice. "I don't want to hear any more from either of you. Ren, she was under my orders to help you. However, she was not supposed to do anything to heal you, just relieve your pain."
"But sir!" I interjected. "His wound should be completely healed soon. I told him it would hurt, but the pain would be better than infection or death." I walked over to him and pulled up his shirt.
His wound was much less deep and the skin around it was healing quickly. Both men seemed surprised, though neither gave me any praise for it.
"It will be a little while the wound could be completely healed," I said, looking at Ren. "I can do this on the one on your shoulder at well, though I don't know if I should for the one on your face. I'm afraid this gel would make it scar worse."
Ren's eyes flickered from me to the General. He took a deep breath and then nodded. "Fine, you can continue," he said.
I turned to say something to General Hux, but he was already out the door.
I sighed, and began working on his shoulder. It didn't hurt him nearly as bad as the first though I could tell he was in pain. I tried not to look at him for fear he would be embarrassed and throw me against a wall again.
I bandaged the wound in silence, then watched as he sunk back down into the bed. I cleaned up the materials and put things away. I glanced over him again to see if I could help him anymore.
With his eyes closed, he looked much more peaceful and approachable. Because of that, I grabbed a cool, wet cloth and went to his bedside, where I began gently dabbing at the burn on his face.
His eyes opened and looked at me, though they didn't seem angry so much as confused. "What are you doing?"
"Cleaning this so it doesn't get infected," I said without looking away.
He stayed silent, but I felt his eyes searching me, but I wasn't sure what for. After a minute, he finally relaxed and closed his eyes again.
I continued with my task, carefully moving up the wound and cleaning dried blood from his skin. As I do so, my other hand rested in his dark hair, making sure that it kept out of his face. It occurred to me that I could be one of the few people to ever be so close to Kylo Ren when he is so vulnerable.
"You are and don't count on ever seeing me like this again," he said. I jumped slightly, realizing he read my mind again.
"Yes, sir," I stuttered quickly. "Sorry, sir."
The room felt tense, but I still continued to keep the cloth on his face until the door opened again.
       There stood the General once more, his face blank but his eyes scanning the entire situation. I still had the cloth pressed to Ren's head and my hand in his hair, leaning over him slightly. If I didn't know better, I'd say he seemed a little jealous.
"I think you've helped Ren enough for today," he said still looking coldly at us. "Thank you for your service, Ms...."
Ren gave a curt laugh and looked at General Hux. "You order her around all day yet you don't know her name," he teased.
The General flushed red from anger and embarrassment. "I've been busy," he hissed. "I haven't had time for pleasantries."
"But she's your subordinate," Ren said, still trying to aggravate the older man. "Even I know her name."
       "Searching her mind doesn't count!" the General argued. He looked at me and I shivered under his cold gaze. "Follow me."
       I looked between him and Ren before nodding. "Yes, sir," I said, leaving the room with him.
       I could hear Ren's snide laughter as the door shut behind us.

A/N: Special thanks to FaunaTchaikovsky for the follow and commenting on this story. Also thanks to all of you who voted for this story, I hope you guys like the way it's going :) I like Kylo being sassy to Hux, I think it suits his character. I hope you all enjoyed and I'll see you in the next chapter!