Chapter11:Late Or Just Right?

Mitch's POV

I sighed and leaned against a large tree.

Where is this guy?

I caught my breath cause I just jogged for a while non stop. I looked around. Then heard a bush rustle.

I slowley went over to it. I peeked behind it and my cheeks flushed softly in surprise.

The guy was sitting up against a tree behind the bush he was moving with his feet. He had a hood over his head. Keeping his face covered.

I looked at him. He looked up at me. Grinning. All I could see was his mouth.

He got up and brushed himself off a little. Then he looked at me, I guess in the eyes, again. I shifted a little uncomfortably.

"A-Are you him?"I mumbled.

He nodded a little and took a step close to me. Making me almost want to take a step back.

He grabbed my wrist roughly suddenly and turned us around. He slammed my back against the tree he was sitting against eariler.

My eyes became wide. I was shaking a little. My cheeks flushed softly as he looked at me so strongly up and down. Then he smiled.

"Just the single secret of you being a boy, if it came out, your whole life would be ruined. Others would be ruined. Even your poor mother. Maybe you should leave. Move far into the mountains where no one could find you. Wouldn't that be the best~".

I thought for a moment. He is right though.

"Y-Yeah"I whispered the quietest I could.

I heard footsteps and looked over. My eyes became more wide then before.

"J-Jerome"!?

The guy glanced to the side from me and smiled. Then made the grip tighter then before on my wrist. Making me flinch and whimper quietly.

I glanced back at the guy then back at Jerome. I finally caught my words in my throat.

"Jerome... I'm so sorry... I just couldn't tell you. You would've been disgusted and disappointed and then spread the rumor. I didn't wanna hurt my mother... or you... I'm so sorry".

I heard Jerome softly growl. He glared at me. Making my eyes tear up.

I've done it now.

I squeezed my eyes shut. Then I heard his feet coming torwards me.

I flinched when I heard a loud crack. There was no pain or anything, so I peeked my eye open and looked. As I was shocked, I opened my other eye. Looking at the guy unconscious on the ground.

I looked up at Jerome's gaze. He looked at me from looking at the body. He smiled which made me confused.

Then he nudged his head torwards a direction and then started to go in that direction. I took that as "come on", so I started walking with him at his side.