[07]: A WORLD ALONE

Start from the beginning

Glenn looked genuinely surprised, along with Rick and Shane who were eyeing the redneck as well. "I ain't gonna damn break 'er or anything. Not no criminal." he said right after, and Glenn averted his eyes to see that Maggie was staring intently at him, a questioning gaze in her eyes as she crossed her arms, almost challenging him. Glenn sighed and looked down at Athena, seeing that she was stirring and groaning in pain, whimpers falling from her lips slightly.

"Don't drop her, make sure she's okay—" Glenn started to instruct, but Daryl rolled his eyes and waved him off.

"Yeah, yeah." he cut off before he walked towards the guy. Everyone, even Glenn, thought that he was going to roughly pick her up and haul her away. But he was wrong. Daryl, almost as if he were handling a child, relaxed and placed his arms underneath her small body before he lifted her delicately. Her body seemed more firm in his large arms, Daryl holding onto her tightly, yet softly, before he turned around and started to walk up the farm.

Everyone started questioning them as soon as Athena was taken into the house. A large argument even breaking out when they noticed the blindfolded Randall in the backseat, the group seeming ticked off and irritated with the fact that someone who had tried to kill them hours before was now on the same ground as them. The entire group was about to walk inside to have a discussion, Glenn slowly moving forward as he wiped blood off of his hands, but he was soon stopped.

The Korean looked up and saw Maggie staring at him, something unreadable twinkling in her eyes before she seemed to shake it off and a let a smile play on her face. "I'm glad you're back." she said with passion, hair blowing in her face as Glenn inhaled the scent of her coconut shampoo that he liked dearly. "I've missed you."

Glenn smiled back at his girlfriend, missing her too and starting to feel guilty about the way he treated her earlier. "I missed you too." he repeated before leaning in and kissing her softly. "I'm sorry about earlier."

Maggie nodded her head and kissed him a bit slower. "It's fine." she muttered between the exchange, "I know how you can make it up though."

Glenn pulled away, a smirk now settled on his face at her words. "How many we have left?"

"Nine." she mumbled back as she grabbed his shirt, "Let's make it eight."

And with that, Glenn took off with the brunette towards the barn with a large smirk and raging hormones, but at the back of his mind, the image of the unconscious girl was still there. He was still worried, and he was still scared for her well being.

Maggie, noticing his face as she took off her shirt, quickly furrowed her brows and put her hand on his cheek. "Glenn, what's wrong?"

He exhaled and shook his head. He shouldn't be thinking of the injured girl just as he was about to have sex, he should be focusing on the one in front of him, so he looked at Maggie and plastered on a smirk. "Nothing, it's nothing."

Maggie nodded, buying the words before she kissed him. "Well then, let's get started."

Five hours later, Maggie and him were walking around the perimeter, making small talk and Glenn explaining what happened back at the bar. He was anxious as he spoke, hands shaking, body sweating, eyes darting back and forth; he had checked on Athena earlier and the girl still hadn't woken up, even after Glenn had donated blood and Hershel bandaged her wounds. In the end though, Hershel had to remove a shard of a bullet that had split into her arm drastically, which most likely made her pass out as Hershel guessed. Maggie could see that he was worried for their friend, so she decided to walk him back to the house to check on her once again.