Chapter 3 - Just wanna be Invisible

Start from the beginning

I was about to go to open the door, when a strong hand came out and grab my arm in to a tight grip. It began to pull me away from the door. I looked up and scowled. Ace. Damn it.

He pushed me out the way, still having my arm in a tight grip. In flash thought, as he moved to the door I twisted his arm behind him and locked him down. Ace, the one who won everything, was just beaten by a girl. I just aced that. Get it?

He stared at me stunned as I walked past him and all the other people in the hall way. It was like someone had a remote and pressed pause.

I opened the creaky red door, and entered into the class room which was clueless to what I have just done. I made my way to the back of the classroom in the corner, opposite the window. I pulled out my books, textbooks and prepared for the lecture of the century! Note sarcasm.

Just as I was sitting back and listening to the commotion in the room, when Ace staged through the old battered door, which seemed it had better days. He walked down the aisles to his usually seat by the window. Instead he went and sat next me. Is he seriously mental??? I could just see he wanted to start a conversation. I winced mental and physically.

He open his mouth to let the words flush out

“How did you so that?” Straight out, no time waste. Nice. I realized I had to answer it.

“er…..” Think Calla, THINK!!! “My teacher taught me!” great excuse Calla, blimming marvelous. I looked at his face seeing if he bought it. It was convinced but not fully.

“Right, I so believe that…!” He exclaimed, oh bother… ”Who was your teacher then? He-“ Why do they always assume it’s a he!!! “-must have been brilliant, or have some good training. Was he in the king’s army?” I snuffled a giggle, mum in the army??? HAHAHA! Wait, reply!

“My teacher was a woman. She was amazing” Well what I remember her as… “She wasn’t in the king’s army, she trained herself” Good answer. I looked at Ace, his defined features and strong jaw. Snap out of it Calla. His faced show shock as a female warrior not in the king’s army.

Before he had time to question me further – please, goddess, nooooooooooooooooooo – the red door rattled and a pink, plump, squashed, old face pressed itself against the window to the history door. The teacher. The one I can never be bothered to remember his name.

If you just call every one sir, or miss it’s so much easier, thou there is one teach who we can’t work out the gender. Kali thinks it’s a guy and Alia is VERY positive it’s a girl. I think it’s an inbetweener.

The teacher finally managed to open the door, still puffing and blowing, his round, frankly fat frame just squeezed through the red door frame and into the small class room.

He plunked his books down on the table. Everyone jumped from what they were doing and turned and faced the Red faced man.

“Today” Pant “Today Class” Pant, sneeze, pant “We are” pant, pant “doing the” Pant. Pant. Pant. His face was slowly turning a light shade or red, or a deep pink. “the battle of Cergath”

Oh goddess. Just what I needed. A lecture on how my father died and how ‘bad’ he was. Grrr… Seeing my expression, I could sense Ace was about to ask me a question when the old professor began to speak

“Open your text books and turn to page 46 for details on main facts, I will begin” He surveyed the class before sitting down after he wrote the instructions on the board. He began to speak, I could tell it would be a long one.

“It started when two clans had a conflict. They had arguments leading up to many battles.  Clans chose sides; one of the most famous battles was the battle of Cergath. Cergath and his wife, Danielle was and is the only duke and duchess in Mailinia History. They were head of the McKenna clan. They are now all gone except for a few which disappeared.